Friday, December 31, 2010
I obsessed over the last season of Lost. And cried when it was all over.
Tad said funny things that amused me.
I fell hard for Isaiah Mustafa.
I celebrated the return of Glee. And looked forward to it every week.
I got to see Chris Daughtry!!!
I also fulfilled my high school dream of going to see THE BACKSTREET BOYS!!!
We took a massive family trip to Florida. In the middle of summer.
I got a job!!!!!
My baby played flag football. And looked precious.
I went to an 80s party... that required me to buy legwarmers!
My adorable grandpa turned 80 and we celebrated with a western party.
Hubby and I found a new obsession.
We finally got a fur baby!
And I got the German measles???
Among things I didn't blog about, I had one grandpa come successfully through surgery and he's out here visiting us as you read. My family also lost my aunt less than two weeks before Christmas. I didn't post about it here, but I received a lot of love, prayers and support on Facebook and the like. We're all getting through and I thank God for such a strong family.
It was a crazy year, full of weirdness and awesomeness. And I only hope next year can be as great. Raise your glass with me at midnight tonight and we'll toast together.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Things are getting back to normal around here. I'm feeling a lot better and even headed out to the movies with hubby today. We finally went to see the new Narnia movie. All I've got to say is "Helloooo Caspian." *rawr*
I may continue to be light on posting for the rest of this week. I'm hoping to put together a bigger post for New Year's Eve. Plus I've got a baking project coming up that I'm pretty excited about. And I'm trying to track down my own Narnia books that I believe are still at my parents' house. Hopefully. Because I haven't found them here...
So if I don't pop in before then, I'll see you Friday for some reminiscing!
Monday, December 27, 2010
Ummmm, what? Who even gets that? Turns out people with really weak immune systems. And that would definitely fit a first year teacher who tried to cram way too much in these last couple weeks. I'm already recovering now. I think the fever is already gone, but Christmas Eve and Christmas Day were no bueno. :( It feels like every year hubby and I take turns being sick. Last year was his turn, so this year was mine. Next year I'm overloading us with vitamins so we might actually both enjoy the holidays.
Now I'm hoping to enjoy my last two weeks of vacation and get back to normal. Hope everyone else was able to have a great holiday weekend.
Friday, December 24, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Click here and read. Now. Or if you don't have time now, let me give you the gist of it and you must read later. PROMISE me you will read.
Basically, a blogger wanted to give back. So she had some gift cards to the first twenty people who commented that they really need help this Christmas. The cards went fast because so many are out there hurting this year. But then people started coming out of the woodwork. Offering money and gift cards and asking to be matched up with someone who needed some help. After a few days of total strangers showing genuine care for their fellow man, more than $40,000 in donations has been sent out to total strangers to help them have a Christmas.
That right there made me cry a little. And I'm definitely feeling the Christmas spirit at the moment.
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
5 Things That I Need to Do Today (In Addition to 100 Other Things)
- Keep wrapping presents. I want to finish already.
- Go buy some cardstock to make gift tags... yeah, this should have been done already.
- Go visit my father-in-law. He had surgery yesterday, all went well.
- Start baking. Ummm... meant to start last night, but Greenlee and I cuddled instead.
- Find boxes that will fit a couple of the larger Christmas presents.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Monday morning I woke up with swollen lymph nodes. So I called my doc who got me in after work. Couldn't find anything else wrong with me though. So she gave me antibiotics. Monday night I got a call that no one likes getting - we had lost a family member. It wasn't out of nowhere, she had been sick, but it was still really hard. We all gathered at my grandma's that night. Lots of tears, lots of stories, lots of everything. I came home exhausted.
Tuesday was spent recovering from Monday. Plus musical practice, plus actors-only practice after school. I was ready for bed when I got home.
Wednesday was my birthday and it was a great one. I got Facebook posts, texts, cards... one of my kids even asked his mom to make me cupcakes so she did! I felt loved.
Thursday was sooooo loooooong. Last play practice and this time it was dress rehearsal with the set up on stage. The set threw off my little actors and the principal and I were so worried! But they had to do it so we just prayed that it would all work out Thursday night. Stayed in my classroom all afternoon because home is far enough from work that it wasn't worth it to go home before the play. But it ended on a great note because THE KIDS ROCKED THE PLAY. They did so good and I was so proud!
Friday was the last day before vacation so I knew that all I would be able to accomplish with the kids was their spelling test. And I was right, even that was tough when they're distracted by our impending Christmas party. It was pajama day and a half day too. Love wearing my pjs to work. :) Our party went well. I had about ten parents in the room at any given moment which was fine with me. They enjoyed themselves too and I actually got a chance to breathe.
When the kids went home I realized my head behind my ear was THROBBING. So I popped some ibuprofen and went home. Didn't get better. Took a nap. Didn't get better. Finally at seven that night I went to the urgent care at my medical group where I dealt with a kind of jerky doctor who almost didn't even give me pain medication even though MY HEAD FELT LIKE SOMETHING WAS ABOUT TO EXPLODE OUT OF IT. Seriously. Like a scene from Alien. Only my head, not my stomach. She called it mastoiditis and said if I got a fever I should go to the ER.
Saturday was spent on the couch catching up on soap operas. No ER visits thankfully. And Sunday I woke up feeling a bit better. Not ready to call myself cured at all, but optimistic that I would be able to avoid the ER again.
Now I'm going to call my REAL doctor today for follow-up. Hopefully my antibiotics are doing the trick and I won't have to go through anything gross or painful. And now that it's Monday I have four days to finish presents and bake. No rush or anything...
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
I'm 29 today.
This is the last year I'll be in my twenties. Do you KNOW how horrifying that is???? Now, several blogs I follow have been doing this super cool idea. They make this list called "30 Before 30." It's thirty things they want to accomplish before they turn thirty years old. I like this idea. Scratch that... I LOVE it. So I made my own. With twelve months to go before I transition to a different digit in the tens place (EEK!) I figure this list is totally doable. I'll be posting it in one of my sidebars so y'all can keep up with how I'm doing.
So here we go! My very own "30 Before 30."
- Throw an awards show party.
- Go to a roller derby event (we totally have a local team).
- See Ellen DeGeneres.
- See Craig Ferguson.
- Grill a steak (yes, I've never actually done this on my own).
- Go hunting (not just accompany hubby and scout).
- Grow something that actually lives.
- Sew something that I am willing to wear in public.
- Have a wine-tasting party.
- Go snow camping. Yes. Camping. In the snow.
- Make sure at least two rooms in my house are "finished."
- Take a vacation with hubby. A real vacation. Not something weak that's driving distance.
- Get a Brazilian Blowout. For those wondering, it's a hair treatment that will save me tons of time in the morning.
- Bake brownies from scratch.
- Submit some photography in some sort of contest.
- Drop a jean size (no, I will not be posting the number).
- Run two miles - no walking.
- Take a cake-decorating class.
- Take my parents to dinner. I PAY.
- Make tortillas.
- Have four separate girls' nights.
- Make a loft bed for Tad's room (hubby will have a large part in this).
- Make a non-holiday wreath for my front door.
- Get and learn to use Photoshop.
- Regular trips to thrift stores (like, once a month at least).
- Buy a new couch.
- FINALLY go to Ikea.
- Go one month without soda - diet or otherwise.
- Get a tattoo.
- Make Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls.
Well, I'm off to celebrate my birthday... by going to work. And doing yard duty. And play practice. But no church tonight! So I believe hubby, mom and maybe my brother are going to dinner with me. And Chronicles of Narnia maybe? We shall see...
Monday, December 13, 2010
He pulled a kid up on stage because he just had a birthday. And then it turns out the kid can SING. Just an adorable video for your Monday.
So if you like me on Facebook (and really, you should by now), you saw that I teased today's post by mentioning an addition to the family. Well, forgive the less than stellar pic, but here ya go...
That little furball in the bottom of the screen is Greenlee! She's my new baby. Tad was in HEAVEN all weekend playing with her. Doesn't she have the cutest little face ever?! She was wandering around my sister's for awhile so we decided we should adopt her. So far so good. Since I start break next week we'll have a lot of time to work with her on house training and such. If you want to come play with the cuteness all you have to do is call me. :)
So happy Monday! I'm going to work then go home to snuggle with my little Greenlee!
Friday, December 10, 2010
That picture totally isn't my house. ;)
We drove by it the other night and I was so amazed I made hubby turn the car around so he could experience it too. I'm not keeping my neighbors up with my lights. No worries.
For now, I just have to share my Christmas decorations with you. I've mentioned several times how excited I am to finally have a HOUSE to decorate instead of an apartment. We may have gone a little overboard though. What do you think?
Just call hubby Clark Griswold. And if you don't get that... I just don't know what to tell you.
Yeah, it's slightly obnoxious, but I figured since our neighborhood went all out for Halloween, maybe everyone goes all out for Christmas. We're totally winning brightest house at the moment. I defy a neighbor to outdo our display.
Be back later with a birthday post. For now, have a happy Friday!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
We're celebrating his birthday tomorrow night. I get to make German Chocolate cupcakes. Mmmmm... so glad that's his favorite and so glad that I've gotten decent at it.
So that's my good news for the day. I could really use good news this afternoon at play practice. I need all my kids to memorize their parts! Eeek! Send your happy thoughts!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
I'll give you something good tomorrow to make up for it.
Okay, coolness will have to wait for Friday.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Did I mention we got our Christmas tree last night?
Do you love it? In all it's Charlie Brown-ness?
Okay, so that's not our tree. Hubby made it for me while he was trimming the real one.
There's our real one! It's huge. I had to do huge, we're fortunate enough to have high ceilings at our house.
Just had to share the goodness with you. Let's get to our list today...
5 Things I Love About Christmas at Our House
- Um, kinda mentioned it, but our high ceilings allow us to get a tall tree. Me likey.
- I have a porch that's fun to decorate. I hung ornaments from the planter hooks. And filled a standing planter with lights and colored mesh.
- Our mantle. It's way cute this year. I'll take pics at some point.
- I'm not constantly afraid some ghetto person will come steal our wreath.
- All our Nightmare Before Christmas decor. Ornaments, wreath, the man-eating wreath that's a work in progress, throw blanket, snow globe, dessert dishes... we have a lot. I love it to pieces.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Yup. NKOTBSB. For you poor souls who have no clue what I'm talking about: New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys. TOGETHER. Making girls scream. They performed on the American Music Awards a few weeks ago and I pretty much turned into a squealing mess on the couch. SO glad hubby wasn't here to witness it. There was also some singing. And possibly some dancing.
Just enjoy the performance.
Friday, December 3, 2010
So unless you're totally oblivious, you've noticed that I changed up my blog a bit. I was bored. I also made a fan page on Facebook. That was more of a joke between myself and the pastor I work with. But it's there now, so feel free to like me if you have a Facebook.
So on this fan page I needed a profile picture. I picked this one.
Photo courtesy of my little manlet, Tad. I love that you can see his reflection in my sunglasses. I also kind of love the picture, haha.
So what are your plans for this fine Friday? I'm going to head home after work, put on sweatpants, and hopefully do some sewing. Or Christmas crafting. I'm really not sure yet. Maybe both. If anyone wants to join me for a night of crafting and wine, hit me up. I love crafting, I love wine, and I love friends.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
- 4 days until I get a free upgrade of internet and cable. Oh, and we're getting our first ever house phone number. No phone yet, but we'll have a number.
- 7 days until my grandpa flies in from Alabama.
- 8 days until my grandpa's birthday. I'm making German Chocolate cupcakes. (What is it that makes them German, anyway?)
- 9 days until we host UFC and I get to watch my man Georges St. Pierre whoop on Josh Koscheck.
- 12 days until we probably do the walk down Christmas Tree Lane. Thus beginning my multi-day birthday celebration.
- 13 days until my birthday!!! I'm not taking off work, but I do believe we're going to dinner and then going to see the new Narnia movie!!
- 14 days until our Christmas program at school. Did I mention I'm kind of an acting coach? Anyone who knows me will find this hilarious.
- 15 days until our last day before break. I'm pretty excited for the party for the kids.
I won't count down to Christmas. We don't actually want to see that small number, do we?
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Tad actually has this shirt. It's getting a little too small, which makes me sad. But I'll keep it for my own child one day. Because it's just as adorable in person. (via DogboneArt)
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
5 Places I Could Do Serious Damage With A Gift Card
- Let's just start with Sephora. You might as well put a kid in a candy store for the way I feel about them. There's the eyeliners I featured in last week's wish list. Then there's a Too Faced set with lots of goodies. I pink puffy heart their eyeshadows. Oh, and some DuWop lipstick. Because they know how to do lips.
- Moving right along to Old Navy. I check them out frequently, whether in the store or online. I don't have this exact pair, but I LIVE in my Rockstar jeans from there. Skinnies, flats and a cardigan is perfect for work. Speaking of cardigans, this cable knit one would be lovely. I think my heart skips a beat for cable knit. And scarves. We mustn't forget scarves.
- One word: Target. Love of my life #99 (go ahead and laugh James). We kind of decided that any Target gift cards we get will go toward a new television. But that doesn't mean I can't want things like these perfect boots. I need a gray pair. For my skinnies that I live in. And I know I don't live in the wettest climate on the planet, but I would seriously love some zebra print rain boots. Seriously. This hat is also the cutest thing ever. And yes, I would wear it.
- Next up is Joann's. LOVE Joann's. Mom and I didn't spend three hours there last Friday or anything... Over vacation I may actually get time to sew! And bake! So if I'm going to keep frosting cakes, I'll need a turntable to make it easier. Not to mention the amount of fabric, patterns, thread and other crafty things I could get there.
- Last place of choice? Victoria's Secret. But I'm not about to post what I'd buy. Because that's just none of your business. So there.
So glance at some of the things I love. I'll have a new gift list for you tomorrow. Haven't really thought of who we're shopping for yet, but I'll decide at some point today. For now, decide what you want to gift your favorite blogger with for her birthday. :)
Monday, November 29, 2010
Yeah, I like Slayer. Deal with it.
You don't even really have be a Slayer fan to appreciate how cool it is the way he pulled this off. It's flat out amazing. My jaw dropped the first time I watched it. I laughed at the coolness of it all. And I may or may not have watched it several times since Thursday night.
Witness the coolness for yourself.
Friday, November 26, 2010
So it's Black Friday and I'm actually out shopping as this is being posted (yay for posting ahead). This is a strange thing for me. But actually, I made my first shopping trip last night. Old Navy baby. Mom and I went and she knocked out a LOT of presents. I started one. And now we're off this morning. Hopefully to get some good stuff.
But you're not here to hear about my shopping adventures. You're here for a picture. So let's get to it!
I took this on day one of my vacation. We had some great storms blow through the valley last weekend. So I decided to pick up my camera and go for a drive out near the bluffs. And here's one shot that I got over an orchard. I played with the color a little. I love it. I wish it were this cloudy again right now.
Instead it's freezing. And I'm out with the masses.
Happy Friday. If anything good happens while I'm out I'll be sure to let you know. ;)
Thursday, November 25, 2010
I have so so much to be thankful for this year. My husband has a great job. I finally have a great job that I worked hard to prepare for. My family is happy and healthy. Hubby and I are able to live in a house now where we feel infinitely safer than we did at our old apartment. I have an amazing church group that I work with. My friends are the best anyone could ask for.
Take a minute today to remember what you're thankful for.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Now comes the dangerous part for me... makeup. Sephora has been tempting me with their holiday catalog and emails again...
So there you are. Some great gifts for your favorite girl. All three sites I shopped have a ton of stuff besides what I posted. So enjoy browsing.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
- Snuggled under a blanket and caught up on soap operas.
- Bought a table at the Goodwill. WOULD be sanding and painting except the rain has the air too damp to paint. :/
- Bought picture frames at a couple different thrift stores. Same story with the painting.
- Killed my Game Boy batteries playing an old Zelda game.
- Saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. *squeeeee*
- Woke up too early and read while listening to the rain.
- Did some laundry.
- Finally saw Inception. Good, but don't ask me to review it.
- Priced artificial Christmas trees. Decided that we'll be getting a real one again this year.
- Lived in skinny jeans and boots. I plan to the rest of vacation as well.
In store for today? Drive to sissy's. Hopefully bring home a little manlet. Clean my sewing room? More Zelda. Glee. Watch the ugly weather.
That said, there's been one topic that has come up several times recently with a few different people. And after hearing about someone who is living with some of the issues... well I just decided I wanted to throw my two cents in there.
So if you're uncomfortable or in a judging mood, please go away. I'm not asking you to validate my opinion, but I'm definitely not asking you to attack it either. It's called an opinion because it's not the same as everyone's. And it's MY blog, so I'll express MY opinion.
We're gonna chat a bit about homosexuality. Or rather, how people are reacting to homosexuals.
Now I know a lot of people have covered their own thoughts and feelings on the subject. There has been national attention on the tragic stories of young people who decide that ending their lives is an answer to how they feel. Glee has addressed the subject of bullying with a couple episodes. But as I said before... just my two cents here.
This has always been a weird area for me in some way. I was raised Christian. I call myself a Christian to this day. I attend a Christian church. I teach at a Christian school. Maybe it's just how fortunate I am, or maybe I was raised around more tolerant Christians, but I never heard any "gay-bashing" from anyone. I am fully aware that there are some Christians who can't even talk to someone that they know is gay because "it's just wrong. God didn't make them that way. They're choosing to sin."
Well, I'm not here to discuss why or why not people end up being gay. But I will say that Christians with that attitude make me sad and embarrassed. Gay or not, God DID create them. And gay or not, He DOES want us to love our neighbors. It's not up to us to do any judging.
Hubby and I know a lesbian couple and while talking to hubby one of the women expressed anger at how she and her partner were treated recently. She talked about the dirty looks, about being asked to leave a store (I don't know the whole story here, but it doesn't sound right from what I do know), and just the meanness sent their direction. Why is any of that necessary? Why people? Because they have feelings for someone of the same sex? I've seen how some couples feel about each other and I promise you, their feelings for each other are the same as the feelings between my husband and myself. Being the same gender doesn't make their relationship fake or less legitimate than any other couple.
I stand by my own beliefs. I DO follow what the Bible says and I don't think God approves of homosexuality. But I also don't think He wants us to make homosexuals feel out of place, shunned, or even in danger as so many do feel. I will never "unfriend" someone on Facebook simply because of who they are attracted to. I will never tell anyone that they are a sinner. Because guess what? We all are to some degree.
So if anyone ever displays that kind of ignorance in my presence, I will call them on it. And if they do that to someone I consider a friend, I WILL make sure I call them on it good and loud. I don't put up with bullies.
Okay then, I feel slightly better having said all that. I hope I didn't crush any toes with my stepping. And if you can respectfully disagree (or agree) then feel free to pop in with a comment. But know that I WILL be monitoring them and I WILL take anything down that sounds hateful or mean. I hope everyone can have a happy Tuesday. And maybe I'll be back later with something more light and fluffy later. :)
Monday, November 22, 2010
Did you watch all the way to the end? They're DEMOLISHING it in January. I actually shouted, "NOOOO!" at my computer when I got to that. I know it doesn't make sense to leave it there... but jeez.
Friday, November 19, 2010
Anyway, I have a picture from last weekend when Tad was over. We went to mom's (of course).
We did some serious tomato harvesting. He loves it. Even though he doesn't like tomatoes. I just love his little hand in the bucket. And the pretty red of my mom's tomatoes! Aren't they beautiful? Hopefully the little manlet will be around next week for a night or two. I haven't talked to my sis yet.
Happy Friday everyone! And if you're a teacher like me, happy Thanksgiving break!
Thursday, November 18, 2010
- I feel like I buy a new (and rather large) pack of bobby pins twice a year. So where are they all disappearing to??
- If you're a fan of UFC, hopefully you are not a fan of Josh Koscheck. The guy's whining is just killing me on Ultimate Fighter right now. Local boy or not, I just can't like the guy.
- I had to explain the name "Typhoid Ashley" to my pastor last night. Did I ever tell you guys where that came from?
- Talking to my pastor last night (I guess he's not MY pastor, he's the children's pastor and I work with him), he started a blog and mentioned he didn't get any comments on it yet. I told him, "Welcome to blogging."
- I swear I feel ready for bed before ten o'clock most nights. This is most depressing to me. It will be worse if I feel this way over vacation.
- 99.9% of all Thanksgiving projects are handprint turkeys in some shape or form. This is too typical for me and I still want to find something better... before tomorrow.
- We are now less than four weeks from my birthday. I like sparkly things and glitter. Just sayin'.
Anything random on your mind you care to share with the world? Post it here. I guess it really won't reach the whole world, but it will get to a decent assortment of people.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Did I scare ya? Because I totally scared myself.
Last year I did a couple gift guide things. So I thought since we're already entirely too close to Christmas I would start those up again. So today let's start with the men in your life.
So I don't think you've been living under a rock, but there's this sport called baseball. And the Giants won the championship. It was kind of a big deal. And Sports Authority has their parade shirts (which hubby totally wants).
By the way, if Santa is reading and any of these end up at my house, I'd be pretty happy.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Wanna know what else I'm doing? Well, I'm so glad you asked! haha
5 Things I'll (Hopefully) Be Doing During Break
- Seeing the new Harry Potter movie!! *squeeeeeee* I'm so excited for this. For reals.
- Spending time with my Tad. Doing fun things.
- Baking. I dunno what. But it's been awhile since I baked just because I felt like it.
- Crafting. Maybe. No, definitely. Something for myself, then possibly some Christmas presents. Because I found some super cute ideas online.
- SLEEPING. I know I mentioned it before I got the list going. But it's important. And it will be happening. Oh yes. Especially with my super soft and cozy blanket. *sigh*
I know not everyone has the luck to have next week off, but it's one of the perks of being a teacher. And I'm going to celebrate that perk to the fullest!
Monday, November 15, 2010
Friday, November 12, 2010
Today you get an old one (about a year old) but it's an amazing one. It's the little manlet of course...
Can't you just hear him shouting, "Let the wild rumpus start!!" He's actually howling for me because I'm howling at him.
Last fall my dear, dear friend Steven agreed to take some pictures of my little wild thing at the park. They are, quite simply, the most fantabulous pictures I have seen. I could be a bit biased, but... seriously. This is only one of my faves. I may end up with a gallery on a wall at home. They are that outstanding.
So enjoy my Tad. I will. I have one picture as my desktop at home, I may have to do the same at work. The pictures just make me smile.
Happy Friday! Have a wild rumpus!
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Like this headband? Are you in love? Because I am. I definitely don't love the price though... (via leatherblossoms)
Want some news? It's conference week at school and I have SEVEN conferences today. SEVEN. But tomorrow is Veteran's Day so there's no school (yay!). I'll be recuperating by doing a fat lot of nothing. Along with some car shopping. Because hubby and I are totally looking for a truck. I'm just waiting for the Blazer to start in with a death rattle. :/
Monday, November 8, 2010
Things got crazy and I seriously just FORGOT to blog. Report cards were due today, conferences started, I had an unsuccessful DMV appointment... ugh.
So how are you doing?
We're trying to stay sane here. Hubby got our dryer fixed and now we're just enjoying having it again. Rain yesterday, now it's just cold. So winter is definitely on its way.
Sorry for the disappearance. I'll try to make it back here.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
5 Things About My Halloweekend (And Last Night)
- So let's begin with the important stuff... GIANTS WON LAST NIGHT! 'Scuse the language, but yeeeeeah bit*&es!!! We were a little tense, then mucho excited around these parts. And playing Journey during their little montage at the end? Y'all know I'm a weirdo about that song. That so made it.
- So back to Halloween... Friday night we headed up to Hollister to see the always amazing Mighty Mites (a.k.a. Cousin Tony and friends). They played an amazing show. And I was pretty proud of our costumes. It was just a great time. Then there was the random dude, our new friend Juan, who decided to pay for our drinks the rest of the night. He was there alone. The waitress said he does that all the time. Shows up alone, shares his table with a group, and ends up buying their drinks. Thankfully some of hubby's cousins speak fluent Spanish so we were able to communicate a little. Because Juan definitely didn't speak English.
- Hubby wore a dress. Evidence to come later this week.
- Our party ended up being super small, but whatevs. Those who showed had a good time. So y'all who didn't come missed out.
- Sunday was super fun. Our neighborhood ROCKS Halloween. Across the street our neighbors set up a haunted house for the trick or treaters to go through. So of course we took the kids through. I found out Tad is like hubby, he laughs when he's scared. He stared and laughed the whole way through. Then there were plenty of other houses handing out candy. I think we live in the right neighborhood. When we look to buy, we're looking around here. FO SHO.
How was everyone else's weekend? Hopefully good? I don't know how the week will compare now. I woke up congested yesterday and wiped out. Gotta take the bad with the good, huh?
Monday, November 1, 2010
WHAT TIME IS IT??????
haha Yes, hubby and I totally dressed up as Finn and Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time. And even though a whopping four or five people knew who we were, I still LOVED our costumes. I made hubby's hat and backpack. I also seriously altered my shirt to give it the puffy princess sleeves. Dad took care of my crown for me (thanks pops!!). I kind of want to wear it to school for my kids now. I told them what I was going to be on Friday afternoon and I'm pretty sure it gave me hero status.
Happy Monday. More pics and fun things to come later this week.
Saturday, October 30, 2010
I kinda love this picture because my dad is SOOOO not a country-western type of person. He likes the songs about drinking, but not much else. This was at grandpa's party last month.
I'm pretty sure I've said all that there is to say about my dad. He took me to baseball games when I was little and just watched Game 2 of the World Series with me last week. He always has an adult beverage to offer when I'm there. He got me started on Stephen King when I was in junior high. He gave me clever lies to tell my niece and nephews. I'm scared of what he may say to my own kids one day, but I learned pretty quick, so hopefully they will too.
Happy birthday dad! Love you!
Friday, October 29, 2010
Last week I gave you a sneak peek at part of a costume. Here's another one... not that any of you will know what I'm going to be still...
Same wig, crown courtesy of my pops. This is pre-spray paint (it's gold now). Hmmm... princesses wear crowns... any ideas yet? haha I bet most of you would never know. I'll OF COURSE have pictures up next week.
Now excuse me while I get ready for the fun to come this weekend! Happy Friday!!!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
5 Things I Love About Fall
- Boots - Stores have countless cute ones that make me drool. Seeing as how I have a job this year I may actually be able to buy some!
- Soup - Okay so soup is totally a winter food too, but on days like yesterday (cool, windy, chance at rain all day) soup totally hits the spot. Especially when you haven't had it for months.
- Halloween - Kind of a given, right? Y'all know I'm obsessed with the holiday. And I'm super stoked for our costumes this year.
- Baseball - Specifically playoffs. It's rare that hubby or myself actually have one of our teams end up there, but this year hubby's team made it to the World Series and we're ready to cheer them on. Go Giants!!
- The weather - Summer here didn't seem as bad after spending a sticky week in Florida. But I'm definitely ready for the wind and storms that have been making appearances over the last week.
There ya go. What do you love about fall? I know that very soon I'll be loving pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting...
Monday, October 25, 2010
That said, I freakin' pink sparkly heart Adventure Time. It's the best part of my Mondays.
Hubby and I have this on our phones. Unfortch it's too long for a ringtone. *sad face* But I listen to it every now and then.
Happy Monday. And if you don't enjoy my randomness... well I just don't know.
Friday, October 22, 2010
I'm diggin' my new look.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
So when I uploaded my pictures the other night I came across this one and it just made me smile.
Boys. Enough said, right? They were in the field with the sheep at my mother-in-law's house a few weeks ago. Torturing the poor sheep. And yes, Tad is out there. In the green shirt.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Took this a couple weeks ago. This house is just sitting there on one of the backroads I sometimes take home from work. It's amazing. I of course did some editing (with my new software, woot!), but the thing looks amazing as is. Someday I'll get out there with some nice late afternoon lighting and take some pictures. Pretty sure they could potentially come out INSANE AWESOME.
Happy Thursday friends. Tomorrow is Friday!!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Jerk. Enjoy torturing me while you can.
So let's go basic...
5 Things I Love Right Now
- My house all decorated for Halloween. Totally not done, but I love what we have so far.
- Pizza and beer on a Monday. Last night we went out because hubby won a bet he made with a couple coworkers. FUN.
- My computer WILL come today. Hubby is home all day to wait for it!!!
- Sales. Scored perfect-fitting jeans for less than twenty bucks a pop yesterday.
- Glee is on tonight!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
My new computer should be here tomorrow.
*cue angels singing and light shining from the heavens*
And seeing as how my new computer will let me plug the memory card in directly, I should have no excuse for not uploading pictures.
Not that you're not getting a good one today. Prepare to be dazzled.
That is me with my mighty fine husband and brother. I think this is my favorite picture of us EVER. Now that I think about it, I believe I'll print it out using my brand new printer (that's right, I WAY upgraded over here). Grandpa needs a copy. And mom. And me...
Happy Friday all! Have a fabulous day!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Anyhow, if I get time later I'll put it up, because I found some cool stuff last night before we lost the ability to check out the rest of the world.
So for today, a couple quick things:
- If you're headed out toward west Fresno, Kerman or anything that direction watch for fog and the Highway Patrol. The fog isn't bad or anything, but it's there. And I saw at least 4 CHP vehicles on my way to work. And I don't even take the freeway!
- I'm torn on whether or not I want it to rain. I love the rain and the gray skies. But kids get antsy when they can't go outside...
- I wore boots with heels to work today. We'll see if this was a dumb decision or not.
Happy Wednesday all, hopefully I'll be able to get a wish list up at some point.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
5 Things About... Well, Life in General
- I'm loving the clouds we have in the morning. The fact that they're gone by lunch? Not so much. Bring on the rain!!!
- Tad is all better now. In case you missed it, he stayed with me Saturday night and woke up sick Sunday morning. To the point that he stayed home from school yesterday. Instead of going home he stayed with hubby. Now I miss the little punk fiercely.
- I've been going to bed early. Like, I-won't-even-tell-you-because-it-makes-me-feel-old early.
- 25 days to Halloween. The decorating has begun at home. We're super stoked to see neighbors decorating too. Could we be living in an awesome neighborhood? Where people actually trick or treat?
- I really miss sleeping in with hubby. I can't wait for Veteran's Day. I plan on doing a lot of nothing.
And there you are. Five totally random things on my mind. There were actually more, but then it wouldn't fit the title, would it?
Monday, October 4, 2010
How cute are they? They're brothers. And they're pretty much amazing at mixed martial arts. I think I want to train our kids to be this good one day.
Hope everyone is having a not-bad Monday. The little man is home with hubby today after running a fever and all that good business yesterday. We're hoping he should be able to go home tonight. It's no fun being sick. :( He was definitely NOT himself and it made me sad.
Friday, October 1, 2010
I decided to share a picture from our last trip to the range. Because I kinda like it...
Okay, I don't look super skinny or anything and I'm still willing to post it. Mom thought I was posing, I was really just reaching into my back pocket for a full magazine. But I like it because I kinda remind myself of Michelle Rodriguez. A couple friends say so too. Pardon the potty mouth, but I think I look pretty bad-a**. haha
Speaking of shooting, I ordered my new computer. Know what that means? The horrible beast that is my laptop will soon meet it's demise at the range.
Muah ha ha haaaaaa!
Yeah I could probably get a couple bucks for it or whatever. But I think taking the shotgun to it would be more therapeutic. If you care to join me let me know.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
So in honor of my little man, here's a story he told me. It's from July.
Monsters in the House (yes, he titled it)
There was a spider on the car. It crawled down to the window. He CRACKED the window. He came in and bit a person. The spider ran with the person to the house. All his friends ate the person. And then the house closed and opened the doors and the ghosts came in. And all the spiders crawled on the ghosts and gave the ghosts hugs. And then they switched. And a person got a jar and he put spider food in it and the spider came in and cracked the window and bit the person.
I'm not sure what was up with the spiders that day. We were in the car on our way to go camping when he told me this one. I'm hoping to get some more if he stays the night this weekend. :)
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Anyway, I mentioned it briefly elsewhere, but it looks like we'll be having a party over here. Nothing to do with my wish list, just thought it worth mentioning.
Oh, did I mention my school doesn't "do" Halloween? Yeah, kind of a bummer for me, but oh well. Guess I'll have to find another excuse for the accessories I'm sharing today...
I love this. A lot. It's pretty, but still a little creepy. (via angelastudio1)
This is cute enough that I could wear it all the time. Right? (via sparklinghope)
One word: LOOOOOOVE. (via janinebasil)
Another one that's cool and normal looking, until you really look. (via gravesidelooks)
And this? Oh so cute. Well, as cute as a ribcage can be. (rudeandreckless)
Etsy could become a serious problem with a paycheck in my bank account...