Thursday, July 1, 2010

Guess What???

So if you've followed my Twitter at all, you know that I've been keeping a secret. I've been sitting on it since Saturday and I am absolutely DYING to tell you.

So are you ready?

Please understand that if you were withing a mile of me right now you would probably have heard me scream this several times over the past few days...

I'M GOING TO SEE THE BACKSTREET BOYS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

The freakin' Backstreet Boys! I knew they were coming a few months ago, but I also knew that the funds were not in the best situation. So as much as it killed me, I accepted the fact that I would not be going to watch the band I was obsessed with in high school.

Then last week I got an email. And it was like the heavens opened up and angels sang and everything was sparkly rainbows.

Tickets were on sale for ten bucks.

I expected these to be crappy seats, but I said to myself, "DUDE. Your favorite band from your teenage years. The boys you squealed over. The guys who sing those songs you STILL know by heart. Who cares about where the seats are, DO IT." So I checked out the seating situation. You know what turned up?

EFFING. FLOOR. SEATS.

Floor seats. Ten bucks. Backstreet Boys. I may or may not have set off barking dogs with the squeals and such that followed. I texted my dear cousin who I knew would be on board. And we got tickets.

Yes. Kayla and I will be screaming and singing and sporting our glittery homemade shirts from the tenth row at the concert tonight. There will be pictures. And probably video. And much swooning. Because I have spent the days since purchasing tickets listening to their music again. And feeling like a giddy high school girl (much to the dismay of hubby).

And just in case you feel like squealing and reliving a bit of your past, here's a playlist for ya. I have to go attempt to calm myself. Because I am bouncing off the walls with excitement right now.




MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

No comments: