Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Then I realized that Futurama returned last week. And it is teh awesomeness. So have a Futurama-themed list today.
Not that I would wear it daily, but a brain slug headband would probably make me pretty happy. (via ScavengingWoodrats)
I don't have a Mac. But Bender would be happy at my house. Maybe even in the corner of my car window. (via LapTatt)
Tad might actually fight me for this hat. (via lilineko)
I need two. Because if I had one on my car, hubby would need one for his. (via WallArtGuru)
And I pointed this one to to hubby. He has a badge for work and I'm pretty sure he needs this. (via incognerdo)
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
5 Places I Would Rather Be Right Now
- The beach. Probably Pismo. It's not this hot in Pismo.
- The mountains. The higher the better. We were actually going to go camping this week, but plans changed.
- Alabama. Okay, I know there's no relief there. BUT at least then I could hang out with my mom and my grandpa. And I'd get some cool thunderstorm action.
- Hawaii. Because it's stinkin' HAWAII. And I've never been.
- At the movies. Because it's nice and cool there. Hmmm... maybe we should head out to the movies later...
P.S. Y'all need to vote in my poll from Sunday. All it takes is one click. And you do more than that to get to my blog every day.
Monday, June 28, 2010
I had a major case of the lazies. I had VBS every morning last week. And random stuff in the afternoons and evenings. Thursday night was a planning session for my grandpa's 80th birthday in September.
Saturday was invitation making. Then going out with sissy and some cousins.
Sunday was time to RELAX finally. But it was hot. And it's hard to really relax when it's hot.
This week... well, today is actually okay. Tomorrow I'm meeting with a friend after work. Wednesday we'll take a possible day trip with sissy and the kids? Thursday I'm going to do something amazing and I think I'll just keep you in suspense about it for now... hee hee.
Add in that I have projects I want to do, the 4th to get ready for (we're doing it up at my dad's this year), and Florida to start thinking about... but it's all good. At least I'm planning fun things!
Friday, June 25, 2010
I'm way into DOING things lately. Whether it's painting a piece of furniture, sewing, cooking... you know the drill. I've discovered sewing is a good way for me to mellow out a bit when I'm stressed or angry. So, are you guys interested in the how-to at all? As blog posts in the future? I'm willing to take pictures of the process, but only if y'all care.
Let me know what you think!
Yup. There's me shooting the shotgun. I like this picture, I look kind of skinny. That's always nice. Of course it also makes me want to go up to the range again. And we kind of don't have time right now.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Isn't she just the little white version of me? haha
Julia is my youngest cousin, and my girl. We've always been close and now that she's turning 12 (!!!) we've been growing closer. She behaves like any other girl her age - rotten with mom, but amazing with me. I was the same way.
It's crazy to watch her being old and stuff. She's pretty! And I don't want boys talking to her! I don't have much to worry about, thankfully she's NOT boy crazy like I was. Plus she has two big brothers, and two step-brothers to chase them away. :)
So happy birthday my Julio (no, not a typo, it's a nickname). I love you little one!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
But it's Tuesday now! And I'm feeling better! And I beat a section of Mario Party last night! Hubby thinks I'm addicted... ummmm...
Anyhow, on to our list today.
5 Things I'm Into Right Now
- The Southern Vampire books by Charlaine Harris. I'm reading them for the second time. Hoping to pick up the last one soon. Unless you have it, Claudia? Email me.
- Mario Party 8. I may or may not have shouted at the game while I was playing last night.
- True Blood. We don't have HBO anymore (lame). But hubby did buy me season 2. Plus, ya know, it's based on the book series I'm reading.
- Sewing! We bought some necessary things for me to do mending and such so I can start on that. Hubby has a few things that need help, I have a few things, sissy wants to bring me some stuff... I should start charging!
- Panera. Have you BEEN there? Hubby took me yesterday and I had a super bomb salad and sandwich combo. Then we brought home some bagels. Mmmmm... I love me some carbs. Bread and I get along very well.
Monday, June 21, 2010
I GOT MY COMPUTER BACK!!!
Many thanks to our buddy Joseph (yes AMI readers, your very own MRI tech) for taking care of everything. I owe you!
Your video for today is completely random. And rather amusing. My brother sent it my way so you really have him to thank.
Friday, June 18, 2010
But depending on our adventures today, I may at least have good pictures for you next week! Tad and I are going to hit the library for some books about constellations (he had no clue about them!!), maybe go to the park, have our lunch outside (did you know it's National Picnic Day?) and probably head out for Toy Story 3 tonight when uncle Tim gets home! Yaaaay!
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Once upon a time, there was a terrible monster that was hideous and his name was Prime Time. And he was scaryyyyyy. And then there was another monster. And then there was one hundred monsters! And then that's the end.
No, I don't know where he learns words like hideous. But I can tell you the name came because he is holding an Optimus Prime toy.
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Anyway, much is going on the House of Typhoid this week. (I kinda like that name, hello clothing line! Oh wait, I'm not a designer...) I've been putting things on the walls finally. And there's more that has to go up. Tomorrow we may pick up some paint for my bench in the entryway. Plus thread so I can make my curtains! I got a wine rack/cupboard of cuteness from my mom. It needs some painting unfortunately, so there's a few more bucks. I'm getting a desk from sissy today that will definitely need work down the road. If only I could find a decent dresser for little to no money. I really don't like ours. Some of the drawers are stupid small. Which makes it feel like it's stupid small. And it's super heavy! And it has a mirror that attaches (which I don't like). But enough about the dresser that I despise...
That's what's been going on here. Working on everything is going to be a loooong process. There are at least three pieces of furniture that need to be stained. Possibly two that will get a coat of paint. Pictures need to be printed for frames...
Any volunteers? I'll buy the beer.
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
*cue angels singing and a sunbeam on my happy little sewing room*
So in honor of my precious... err, I mean, my sewing machine, I give you...
5 Things I Shall Be Making Very Soon
- Curtains for my dining room!!! I already have this fabric (thanks mommy!). I know that looks really loud and busy, but only the end panels will be this print. The main part will be gray. I'm pretty excited to get started.
- A small shade for my bathroom window. I don't have the fabric yet and I can't remember who makes it, so no pictures for ya there.
- A hammock!!!!! Okay, well, not the whole hammock. I'm getting a base from mom and dad. Mommy bought me a fabric for that too. I can't find a picture of that one online. But it's nice and summery and I can't wait to have it outside!
- Ummm... I'll be recovering my dining room chairs again. I did it when we moved in, but the current fabric won't match my curtains so I'll be doing it again. I'm on the hunt for a good mustard color to match the curtains.
- Aaaand lots of skirts for my nieces. One sis requested some more because she loved the ones I made for Christmas. And my other sis has a long torso that she passed on to my niece. So all her pants are low enough to make her look like a plumber. So I'll be making some skirts for back to school. I love skirts. They're so easy.
And that's just a tiny portion of the sewing I hope to get done. There will be LOTS of curtains in my future. And if I'm brave maybe some clothing for myself. We'll see.
Now I'm off to admire my sewing machine. And maybe name it...
Monday, June 14, 2010
So there were probably plenty of things I could write about today. But I'm just not feelin' it. It's Monday, and y'all need to be entertained! So entertain you I shall...
Seriously, how amazing would this be?
Friday, June 11, 2010
Enjoy. Happy Friday! I'm off to be a bridesmaid!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Remember what he looked like in August? On his first day? Go ahead and go take a look. I'll wait.
Didn't he look so young? I can't believe how much he's grown. I just took this picture Monday to put on a gift for his teacher.
He looks like a MAN!!! I'm really bothered by this. When did my baby grow up? He's also gotten taller. I think he may be in the middle of a spurt right now. *sigh*
His teacher loves him by the way. She told me she's going to miss him. And his little smirk. I'm telling you, I don't think anyone who meets the kid could NOT like him. He's amazing.
So I'm off to watch my baby finish Kindergarten today. I'll of course take lots of pictures and some video. And I'll try not to cry.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
So excuse me while I go lick my wounds today. I'll be heading to the range to take out a whole buttload of clay pigeons. Then maybe I'll come home and tan.
No wish list today because I'm STILL without my own computer. The good news on that is that hubby's friend is going to take a look at it. And he can put in a new hard drive so I'll essentially get a new computer for very cheap. So maybe I'll be back to normal for next week. I guess we'll see.
Sorry for the downer post, but I'm obviously not feeling it.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
I have my interview at 11:00 this morning. So send your prayers, happy thoughts, good vibes, and well wishes my way please!
And that's the last I'll say about the interview for now, because I'd like to be able to relax a bit before I go. So today, since I'm in a wedding in just a few short days, I give you...
5 Things About Weddings
- I love weddings. I love planning. I love details. In a dream world I would plan weddings (and other big events). Oh, and own my bakery.
- Lauren (the friend getting married this weekend) is using the photographer hubby and I did. I can't wait to see him again. Not only is he an amazing photographer, but he's an all-around great guy. (Did I flatter you enough Mariano? Now I want to be in a lot of Lauren's pictures! lol)
- The bridesmaid dress I'm wearing for Lauren's wedding might actually be one that I can wear again. I say that now, but those are pretty much famous last words, aren't they?
- This will shock those of you who know me: I DIDN'T buy a new pair of shoes for this dress. That's right. I'm wearing a pair I already own. Not that I wouldn't mind a new pair, but this whole "not working" thing really puts a damper on new clothes.
- I'm reaching the point in my life where weddings are coming to an end for now. Hubby's family is mostly married off, or happy where they are. I'm the oldest in my family and my cousins and brother aren't close to a walk down the aisle. At least, as far as I know. And it's become apparent to me that I'm at the stage where everyone starts having babies (four people I know are expecting, no baby fever here [please read with heavy sarcasm]).
Okay, so that was slightly about Lauren's wedding too. But I'm so excited for her! It's definitely nice to have something pleasant on my mind right now. It's far better than stressing out about later today.
Wish me luck!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Sunday, June 6, 2010
I had a rollercoaster week last week. Where do I even begin? Let me try to find a silver lining for everything... if I can.
Both cars had mini freak-outs. Arthur had some brake issues, the Blazer is overheating sometimes. Silver lining: Arthur was an easy(ish) fix. The Blazer should be (plus it's not consistently overheating at the moment).
My computer had seizures, soiled itself, and attempted to make my life hell. Well played, computer. Well played. At the time of writing, it's still out of commission. Silver lining: At least we still have hubby's computer. And I can get it worked on for free (thanks brother-in-law!).
I had some MAJOR issues getting in touch with my student loan company. Can I just tell you I loathe automated systems sometimes? Short version: I was locked out of my account and couldn't find a real person to reset it. Plus I needed my forbearance extended seeing as how I have no job. Can't fill anything out if I can't log in. Silver lining: I guess this is more of a resolution. I reached a real person! She was nice! She reset my account and submitted a new request for my account so I shouldn't have to pay for awhile still.
But it wasn't all bad. I had a few bright spots to finish my week.
My grandpa in Alabama had a pretty serious surgery on Thursday. The actual surgery was of course the part that everyone was worried about. He came through, and now the nurses are telling my aunt that he's doing better than a lot of patients who have the surgery. Prayers answered!
I got two job-related phone calls Friday morning. One was from my step-father-in-law. He told me he knew of a summer school position and gave me the necessary information. Potential summer work? That isn't waitressing or something not pertaining to my credential? Score!
Then I got another phone call a few hours later from a district who I interviewed with earlier this year. I was put on their "hirable list." Well, they have an opening in a junior high. Which is a big surprise because I hold a multiple subject credential (meaning I'm okay to teach the "multiple subjects" in an elementary classroom). Middle and high schools typically hire single subject people (people who studied the "single subject" they're going to teach all day). But this is a core class, meaning it's English and history/social science. Helloooo multiple subjects! Score! So I have an interview Tuesday.
So here's hoping this week is a little smoother. I'll have the kiddos for the last time for about a month(ish). I think we'll make some teacher gifts. My baby finishes Kindergarten! I'll try not to cry. And my best friend is getting married. Again, I'll try not to cry.
I'm ready for the rain to let up right about now so I can salvage my sanity.
Friday, June 4, 2010
So have a happy Friday everyone! I'll attempt it over here.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
So send happy thoughts toward my computer. Maybe they'll cancel out the urge I have to throw it through a window right now.
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
There was also Tad attacking hubby with a squirt gun. Always fun. :)
So today, since it was the unofficial start of summer yesterday, I thought we should stick with that theme.
5 Things I Would Love To Do This Summer
- Make homemade ice cream. Hubby just mentioned last week that he wants an ice cream maker. I agree. I LOVE homemade ice cream.
- Hit the beach. Hubby went to school near the coast, so on school days I'd drop him off in town, then head over to the beach. I miss those trips.
- Go camping! Yay! It's almost time again! If we camped at a lower elevation we could go now, but we don't. So we still have to wait awhile.
- Practice my shooting. This is a given. We will be doing this, plenty of it. But now that I've gotten a taste for shooting clay pigeons with the shotgun, I want to do it again. And get better at it!
- Take some random trips just for the sake of photography. I've been having fun with my camera. So I'd love to come up with some random day trips I can take to get more interesting pictures. Of course, I want Tad to be able to play too. He has fun with a camera.
What are y'all hoping to do?