Saturday, October 30, 2010
I kinda love this picture because my dad is SOOOO not a country-western type of person. He likes the songs about drinking, but not much else. This was at grandpa's party last month.
I'm pretty sure I've said all that there is to say about my dad. He took me to baseball games when I was little and just watched Game 2 of the World Series with me last week. He always has an adult beverage to offer when I'm there. He got me started on Stephen King when I was in junior high. He gave me clever lies to tell my niece and nephews. I'm scared of what he may say to my own kids one day, but I learned pretty quick, so hopefully they will too.
Happy birthday dad! Love you!
Friday, October 29, 2010
Last week I gave you a sneak peek at part of a costume. Here's another one... not that any of you will know what I'm going to be still...
Same wig, crown courtesy of my pops. This is pre-spray paint (it's gold now). Hmmm... princesses wear crowns... any ideas yet? haha I bet most of you would never know. I'll OF COURSE have pictures up next week.
Now excuse me while I get ready for the fun to come this weekend! Happy Friday!!!
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
5 Things I Love About Fall
- Boots - Stores have countless cute ones that make me drool. Seeing as how I have a job this year I may actually be able to buy some!
- Soup - Okay so soup is totally a winter food too, but on days like yesterday (cool, windy, chance at rain all day) soup totally hits the spot. Especially when you haven't had it for months.
- Halloween - Kind of a given, right? Y'all know I'm obsessed with the holiday. And I'm super stoked for our costumes this year.
- Baseball - Specifically playoffs. It's rare that hubby or myself actually have one of our teams end up there, but this year hubby's team made it to the World Series and we're ready to cheer them on. Go Giants!!
- The weather - Summer here didn't seem as bad after spending a sticky week in Florida. But I'm definitely ready for the wind and storms that have been making appearances over the last week.
There ya go. What do you love about fall? I know that very soon I'll be loving pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting...
Monday, October 25, 2010
That said, I freakin' pink sparkly heart Adventure Time. It's the best part of my Mondays.
Hubby and I have this on our phones. Unfortch it's too long for a ringtone. *sad face* But I listen to it every now and then.
Happy Monday. And if you don't enjoy my randomness... well I just don't know.
Friday, October 22, 2010
I'm diggin' my new look.
Monday, October 18, 2010
Friday, October 15, 2010
So when I uploaded my pictures the other night I came across this one and it just made me smile.
Boys. Enough said, right? They were in the field with the sheep at my mother-in-law's house a few weeks ago. Torturing the poor sheep. And yes, Tad is out there. In the green shirt.
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Took this a couple weeks ago. This house is just sitting there on one of the backroads I sometimes take home from work. It's amazing. I of course did some editing (with my new software, woot!), but the thing looks amazing as is. Someday I'll get out there with some nice late afternoon lighting and take some pictures. Pretty sure they could potentially come out INSANE AWESOME.
Happy Thursday friends. Tomorrow is Friday!!
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Jerk. Enjoy torturing me while you can.
So let's go basic...
5 Things I Love Right Now
- My house all decorated for Halloween. Totally not done, but I love what we have so far.
- Pizza and beer on a Monday. Last night we went out because hubby won a bet he made with a couple coworkers. FUN.
- My computer WILL come today. Hubby is home all day to wait for it!!!
- Sales. Scored perfect-fitting jeans for less than twenty bucks a pop yesterday.
- Glee is on tonight!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
My new computer should be here tomorrow.
*cue angels singing and light shining from the heavens*
And seeing as how my new computer will let me plug the memory card in directly, I should have no excuse for not uploading pictures.
Not that you're not getting a good one today. Prepare to be dazzled.
That is me with my mighty fine husband and brother. I think this is my favorite picture of us EVER. Now that I think about it, I believe I'll print it out using my brand new printer (that's right, I WAY upgraded over here). Grandpa needs a copy. And mom. And me...
Happy Friday all! Have a fabulous day!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Anyhow, if I get time later I'll put it up, because I found some cool stuff last night before we lost the ability to check out the rest of the world.
So for today, a couple quick things:
- If you're headed out toward west Fresno, Kerman or anything that direction watch for fog and the Highway Patrol. The fog isn't bad or anything, but it's there. And I saw at least 4 CHP vehicles on my way to work. And I don't even take the freeway!
- I'm torn on whether or not I want it to rain. I love the rain and the gray skies. But kids get antsy when they can't go outside...
- I wore boots with heels to work today. We'll see if this was a dumb decision or not.
Happy Wednesday all, hopefully I'll be able to get a wish list up at some point.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
5 Things About... Well, Life in General
- I'm loving the clouds we have in the morning. The fact that they're gone by lunch? Not so much. Bring on the rain!!!
- Tad is all better now. In case you missed it, he stayed with me Saturday night and woke up sick Sunday morning. To the point that he stayed home from school yesterday. Instead of going home he stayed with hubby. Now I miss the little punk fiercely.
- I've been going to bed early. Like, I-won't-even-tell-you-because-it-makes-me-feel-old early.
- 25 days to Halloween. The decorating has begun at home. We're super stoked to see neighbors decorating too. Could we be living in an awesome neighborhood? Where people actually trick or treat?
- I really miss sleeping in with hubby. I can't wait for Veteran's Day. I plan on doing a lot of nothing.
And there you are. Five totally random things on my mind. There were actually more, but then it wouldn't fit the title, would it?
Monday, October 4, 2010
How cute are they? They're brothers. And they're pretty much amazing at mixed martial arts. I think I want to train our kids to be this good one day.
Hope everyone is having a not-bad Monday. The little man is home with hubby today after running a fever and all that good business yesterday. We're hoping he should be able to go home tonight. It's no fun being sick. :( He was definitely NOT himself and it made me sad.
Friday, October 1, 2010
I decided to share a picture from our last trip to the range. Because I kinda like it...
Okay, I don't look super skinny or anything and I'm still willing to post it. Mom thought I was posing, I was really just reaching into my back pocket for a full magazine. But I like it because I kinda remind myself of Michelle Rodriguez. A couple friends say so too. Pardon the potty mouth, but I think I look pretty bad-a**. haha
Speaking of shooting, I ordered my new computer. Know what that means? The horrible beast that is my laptop will soon meet it's demise at the range.
Muah ha ha haaaaaa!
Yeah I could probably get a couple bucks for it or whatever. But I think taking the shotgun to it would be more therapeutic. If you care to join me let me know.