Thursday, January 29, 2009

Leftovers

Seeing as how I have a large amount of coffee whipped cream left from my cupcake project, I wanted to make something with it. The obvious choice was more cupcakes, maybe vanilla this time.

But then I said to myself, "Self, you already made cupcakes this week. Why go boring and be predictable?"

I made some food using puff pastry today and contemplated using some of that for the cream. But decided against it. Then I had an epiphany tonight.

Eclairs.

That's right, those adorable and tasty French desserts. I looked up a recipe and found one on allrecipes.com that got great reviews and looks easy. So I will be attempting eclairs today.

And before you go thinking I'm two hundred pounds - no. I'm not. I give away a lot of the stuff I make. Hubby takes it to work, I share it with my parents or other family members... not much of it hangs around here.

Results to come later today, or possibly tomorrow with the Friday photo...

1 comment:

bunzi said...

eclairs sound good! :) i'm not much of a baker. but i love baked goods. :D