Monday, January 19, 2009

J is for...

I totally contemplated "J is for jerks" but then I realized it would probably read a lot like last week's "I is for idiots." Can't have a repeat, can we?

So instead, I bring you... J is for job.

I finally finished school and now I'm waiting for my credential to go through so I can have a job. The tough thing about finishing mid-year is there usually aren't many full time positions. But I'll sub for the time being and be fine with it.

Hubby is also looking for a new job. He finished school last year. He currently has two jobs, but one is part time and one is per diem. And neither are keeping him busy enough. So he's been applying at a few places. One of those places? About two and a half hours from here. And right now that's looking like the best chance.

This is exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. Exciting because it would be a full-time job, and we would live closer to the beach (!!!!). Nerve-wracking because this is a big move. I would stay here by myself while he went to work for four or five days. Then I'd get him back on the weekends. This would be until May, when our lease is up. Then I would have to pack up all our stuff and we'd be moving.

The distance makes me a little nervous. My whole family is here where I am. And I'm super close with my family. There's also a lot of his family here. Not to mention our Tad. What would I do if I had to move away from him? I think that's the worst of it for me. I can't imagine being far away from this kid that we helped raise and make into the little weirdo that he is today.

*sigh* So there ya go. Nothing is definite, just decided to let everyone know the possibilities in my corner of the world.

No comments: