Tuesday, January 27, 2009

American Idol - Night #5

So apparently this is the last week before Hollywood week. Yay for that. This live blogging is starting to interfere with stuff. I have cupcakes waiting to be frosted!

Let's get on with the show...

8:01 - OMG, they're totally talking about Journey. I heart them. Mostly because of Scrubs. lol

8:02 - Oh Randy's shirt is all kinds of hideous.

8:03 - I missed this guy's name. He's not horrible, but I don't know if he's good enough to make through Hollywood week.

8:04 - Hm, they let him through. I guess we'll see. There have been better tryouts though.

8:05 - Didn't we have Simon holding a dog last season? I distinctly remember a girl bringing her dog and Simon loving the dog. Sadly Sharon is not that great. She reminds me of Jessica Simpson. The guys let her through. Now the girls are. I don't think she'll continue past Hollywood.

8:07 - So Kara is asking for Simon to make a move. Skank. haha...

8:12 - Okay, the show is not all about Ryan. Annoying filler.

8:12 - I'll take Ryan over this girl any day though. Ouch.

8:14 - Kaneswa isn't too great. Cute dress though. Too bad there's no way my boobs would fit in that thing. Ah, to be young again. Oh, wait, this is about singing. I feel bad for her. She was super confident. And not the insane confident of most bad singers.

8:16 - Julissa is a little weird. But hey, she can sing. She needs to trim her bangs a little. I can barely see her eyes. Oh, does that make me old for saying that. Haha, Simon's bothered by her laugh. That was hilarious. I think she'll do better when she's not trying to be Whitney. Whitney Houston takes a LOT of power and effort.

8:24 - I bet this guy gets called gay by some guys. I'm not saying he is, but he's sociable. And some straight guys have a problem with that. Darin needs to not let his friend getting cut hurt his song. Tears are not going to win you sympathy dude. Aaaand there we go, less than good. I don't know if it's his issues or if he's always like that.

8:27 - Oooh, Naomi compares herself to Mariah Carey? That could be bad. But we have to wait because her friend looooves Randy. And now we have to waste time with them meeting. She's going to sing "Loving You." And we have a bunch of lap-sitting. This is freakish. Can we get to singing? Finally... okay, she can stop. And Kara is like, molesting Ryan's head. Ohhh... I'm scared for this part of the song... I winced. I physically winced. Moving on...

8:35 - Jasmine has a fan club with her (her sisters and mom). She's singing Fergie (we all know my love/hate relationship with that fug woman). She sings pretty good though. And she's through.

*side note: I am diggin' Randy's red glasses. Really.

8:38 - Wow. George is a very hairy young man. His beard rivals hubby's and he's only 18! I can't get over the amount of hair on this guy! Okay, this guy's kinda weird. Oh, and not so good. At least he has physics to fall back on!

8:46 - Anne Marie is cute. And Simon is sending her away telling her to come back as a "star." Weird.

8:47 - T.K. is singing "Imagine." And thankfully he's doing it well. He'll go through.

8:49 - I can't believe Simon said no. What a jerk.

8:53 - Michael is FREAKING OUT because he can't play his guitar. The first line wasn't bad, but now he just sounds nervous. Poor guy. I wonder if the guitar helps at all.

8:56 - Oooh, Simon is getting mad at the kid. Haha... I can't help it, it's funny.

8:56 - Pardon the language (mom), but what a little bitch! He straight up told his mom "Don't touch me." Wah wah.

8:57 - Anne Marie is back. She put on some makeup and lost the jacket. She's good. But she was the first time too. She stands an honest chance in Hollywood.

It annoys me a little that the judges want people to look like "stars" during tryouts. Hellooo, that's what a stylist is for!

Okay, we're done for the evening. I got all my cupcakes frosted during commercials (yes, you'll see them tomorrow). I'm going to enjoy one before we head out to a show (my brother and our friends are playing tonight). If you're local head out to the Starline and join us!

Until tomorrow friends. Seacrest, out.

(haha, I couldn't help it)

No comments: