Thursday, January 29, 2009

American Idol - Night #7

So the people at Fox have "blessed" us with another night of Idol this week. Joy. New York and Puerto Rico all in one hour. Let's get going, shall we?

8:02 - Ohhh, Adeola gave up her job in order to go to Hollywood? She's that sure. I'm worried. And I was right to be. Poor thing is gonna have to go beg for her job back. Although, if her bosses are watching right now I think they'll take pity.

8:06 - We have Jorge. I love that name. Not that I would give it to my kid. But it's fun to say! Oh, and he's singing in Spanish! And he's good! And Paula asked him to sing in English... also good. Not quite the same though. His Spanish song was better. Like him.

8:12 - Jessika could be better. She really isn't horrible... oh, wait. I spoke too soon. OMG! Simon kills me. Love him. Truly.

8:14 - She is straight up throwing a hissy fit. Make her go away.

8:16 - Melinda is cute. She's such a hippie. Haha... she dances naked in her room. I kinda like her weirdness. I hope she's good, I want to see more of her. I love her song choice. LOVE it. With every ounce of me. And she's actually good. I don't know about outstanding, but she should definitely go to Hollywood. It's impossible not to like this girl.

8:22 - Oh how I love The Darkness. I do believe in a thing called love.

8:24 - Jackie isn't very good. She's semi-interesting, but even if she made it to Hollywood she would leave quickly. Oh, and now that Simon asked her to sing a second song she actually sounds like she could stand a chance. Why didn't she just pick that the first time??

8:26 - I was going to make a smart remark about the wimpy music with the bad Spanish narration but my sister just called. Why? Because she wants me to watch two of her kids ON VALENTINE'S DAY! Seriously. I swear she must be drunk or crazy to think I'd say yes.

8:33 - I'm bored with the guys that think they can get through on something other than singing. I don't care that your stoner buddies think you're funny. The judges care NOTHING about that except your singing.

8:34 - Case in point: Joel. Thinks he's a comedian. And he's not that great of a singer.

8:35 - Joel needs to medicated. HEAVILY. Or maybe just hit over the head with a baseball bat.

8:36 - I'm glad Simon is fed up with these "comedians" too. It's just old. This guy is annoying. I'm done with him.

8:44 - Now that I've been significantly distracted again (by my sister again) we return with bad auditions. Boring.

8:46 - Okay, Monique's little brother is cute. He kind of reminds me of my oldest nephew. Monique is good. Not great, but good. Simon let her through. Hubby says that if little brother wasn't there they wouldn't have let her through.

8:53 - Alexis is back. She was a NUTJOB last year. Supposedly she's changed. Whatev. She's just as annoying as she was last year so far, just in a different way. She's still not good though. Some things never change...

8:55 - I think Simon is baiting her. Yup, she finally gave him the finger. That's what he wanted. And now she called him an asshole. He so loves the abuse.

8:56 - Patricia is there with her entire family. I don't think I would bring anyone but hubby. Maybe mom and nephew. Oh, and Patricia is good. She'll get through.

8:58 - Simon is letting her sing a second song because he didn't love her on first impression. Now she's singing in Spanish. And I don't know if it was good enough. Oh, she made it. She's gonna have to step it up in Hollywood.

WOOOOHOOOOOO! Next week is Hollywood week! I'm excited. I'm so ready for the end of these auditions.

Next week won't be live blogging. I'll just spew my thoughts at the end of the show. Sound like a plan?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO pleeeeaaasssee!! Live blogging is just so fun to read....loved the sister interruption!! What the heck?