Tuesday, January 13, 2009

American Idol - Premiere Night!!!

So I'm gonna try this "live blogging" thing. I'll post updates every once in a while. Like when I see something particularly hilarious/disturbing/wrong. And there will be plenty of moments I'm sure.

8:04 - OMG, they showed my favorite AI related clip ever!!! The breaking hearts of the teenage girls... kills me every time. Does it make me a little evil?

8:13 - First gimmick. And it's an afro. Oh, and some freaky dancing. Waiting to see how this turns out... tapping? Really? Me = disappointed and not even mildly amused.

8:19 - Okay, this girl's pretty good. Is it Emily? But I just got biased for her because she TOTALLY HAS A CUPCAKE TATTOO ON HER NECK! I love cupcakes. Side note: wonder how her image will change if she actually makes it all the way through. They won't actually go for her lawn mower hair cut, will they?

8:26 - Randy's turn. "I just want someone to tell me that I'm great." Um... insecure? Maybe? Let's see how he fares. OH GOD! He's gonna try Bon Jovi??? Ick. Why do people decide to do this? I'm with Simon on the "wimpy" thing. Aaaaand now he's gonna cry. Just walk away dude.

8:32 - Poor Michael. Bet his palms are all sweaty. Wait, what's he doing? That's not singing. I'm not sure what that is. And now he's having a breakdown???

8:39 - Medley of awesomely bad tryouts. OMG. Dying. Is Shawn a chick? It sounds like one, but is looking rather androgynous.

8:40 - Dude, your energy is hurting me a little bit. Can we take it down? Okay, with all the movement and major PERSONALITY, this guy needs to be on a stage of a different kind. Don't ask me what kind, because honestly - he scares me.

8:43 - Arianna is seriously cute. And I like her version of this song better than the original one. Her voice is much better.

8:51 - I don't know about the new judge, but I am LOVING her shirt on day 2.

8:52 - He's kidding, right??? Is he faking? Please tell me he just always does that. Aww, poor guy just isn't good.

8:54 - Her face does not look sixteen. And the cowboy hat should be burned. While still on her head. She's more annoying than a screaming toddler. And she fell, haha. Oh the giggle... I'm going to get the gun. I'm scared of her voice... okay, she's not the worst I've heard, but really? She picked this song? Why? I'm done with her.

9:00 - Named after Stevie Nicks... think mom was setting some subconscious expectations?
She's cute. And she's good. Wow. They'll send her to Hollywood.

9:03 - Okay, she hasn't even tried out and I'm already ready to rip the extensions and fake eyelashes off of "Bikini Girl."

9:08 - This guy totally reminds me of a buddy from high school. And he can actually sing. Randy's right, his appearance and voice totally aren't expected together.

9:11 - Haha... Paula's jaw dropped at the guy singing Carrie Underwood.

9:11 - Time to skank it up! I already saw girls mad dogging her. Damn, she's semi-good. Camera operator is obviously a man because they keep showing her rear end. I want to throw my soup at her bare stomach. OMG, the eye roll. Really, somebody shoot her. Her little attitude already annoys me.

9:15 - Ryan looks really uncomfortable with the kiss. Something to the gay rumors?

9:16 - A guy named "Sexual Chocolate?" After the break? I'm glued.

9:21 - AAAACK!!! He has a tattoo that says it? A-MA-zing. Sadly, the voice is not.

9:24 - Can you say "Oh my gosh" one more time? At least her voice isn't annoying like she is. Oh Lord. "Simee?" Now she's killing me. And she's not doing it softly. Haha, get it? Because that's the song she's trying to sing?! I'm hilarious.

9:33 - Deanna's speaking voice reminds me of Kellie Pickler. She's cute. Funny, her singing voice doesn't match at all. But I like her. Don't know if I like her enough to vote for her down the road, but still.

9:35 - And Ryan is a freak for pretending to be her family. And her mom screaming on the phone made me die.

9:36 - This kid looks like a girl. Or at least a girl's head on a boy's body. I hate when they sing songs that I don't know. Because then I don't have a basis for comparison. Wow, he made it? Maybe they'll make him take off the pounds of foundation if he goes further.

9:43 - Singing in the closet? What??? Poor Alex. Simon already started with the closet jokes. Holy crap, he can actually sing. He seems so timid and... I don't know. I didn't expect much from him. And of course Simon doesn't like him. HA! Alex mocked him by saying he could sing, "God Save the Queen." That was actually funny. And he's going to Hollywood.

9:47 - Ahhh, Bon Jovi butchering. Oh Lord. OMG, and one of these guys totally looked like my uncle! But back to the problem at hand, people should be shot for butchering "Dead or Alive." Really. How can you even do that to the man? It's his absolute best song! Me and my brother could rock this song so much better than all these people.

9:54 - Here's the story that AI is going to MILK. Scott is a blind contestant for those of you that are not watching. Holy crap! He entered college at fourteen and graduated at nineteen. And he's actually really good. And he's through. Like I said, they are so going to run with his story this season.

9:57 - OMG! LMFAO! Ryan just tried to high-five the blind guy! Still

9:58 - Still laughing.

That's it for tonight friends. Tomorrow they go to Kansas City, where last year's winner is from. Expect more live blogging.

2 comments:

MalContent said...

It's somehow funnier because I have no idea WTF you're talking about.

But then I get sad when you talk about some girl being cute. And I don't know what you're talking about.

*grin*

MalContent said...

The Seacrest blind high-five was all over the radio and stuff today. I hope that gets posted on YouTube or something. I'd love to see that.