Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Birthday

That's right. There's another birthday. I never realized just how many there are. And I don't even blog every single birthday!

This birthday is muy important. It's my grandma's birthday. My dad's mom. This woman is awesome. I see her put up with so much crap (and there's no other word for it) from various sources and she is still a saint. If anyone deserves to get to Heaven and sit right next to Jesus, it's her.

Grandma watched my brother and I for most of my first five years. I was at her house all the time until I started school. There were exceptions, like if an aunt wanted to watch me, or my other grandma, but it was mostly Grandma Ophie.

I wish I had one great story that defines her, but there's no way to do that. She loves and cares freely. Everyone is always welcome at her house. I could bring five extra people to any gathering and she would find the extra plates and feed them until nothing else would fit. I was fortunate that the university I just finished at was pretty much across the street from her house. I'd stop by all the time and she would feed me and we would just visit. That's just Grandma. You can stop by any time and she welcomes you in.


So here's me and my little (big) brother* with Grandma. Happy Birthday Grandma! Love you.

*And yes ladies, he's totally single. Isn't he cute? Did I mention he's a musician???

No comments: