Sunday, January 25, 2009

I've Been Busy

So I resolved that this would be the year I learned to sew properly. While I haven't done that, I have made time to be crafty over the past couple days. See, I read blogs and the writers are just so creative and make such cute things that it inspired me. I know I'm creative, I know I have some stitching skills. Why shouldn't I be able to make cute things?
So I tried. And totally succeeded!


Felt seems really big in the crafting circles right now. People are making EVERYTHING out of felt. I've seen a lot of people make flower brooches and hair accessories, so it seemed like a good start. These things were super easy once I got started. I might even churn a couple out for my outfit today (going to Grandma's later for her birthday - birthday post coming tomorrow). I made these for a party I went to last night. (No, I didn't wear all of them.) Wanna see them in my hair?


Ignore the fact that the picture isn't great. I got so many compliments! So these are a keeper. Might even make some for cousins or friends. I put an extra panel on back so I can slip in a bobby pin or safety pin if I want to wear them as a brooch. I'm so happy with them!

Up next, I think I'm going to try some little Valentine-related things. And ultimately, little dolls. I've already sketched my first doll... but you can't see him. He's top secret...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mua ha ha ha!!! Not top secret to me!! Besides, Felvis is coming too... >:)