Wednesday, January 21, 2009

American Idol - Night #4

Haha... my husband: "Are you going to do this live blogging crap every time it's on?" I think he's a little fed up with having to finish cooking or cleaning because I'm in front of the computer and the TV.

We're visiting Louisville, KY tonight. Should be interesting.

8:03 - Oh, Tiffany's dad is so a Michael Lohan in the making. I am diggin' those glasses. Hawtness. I almost wish she was better than she is. Because she is exactly what I was expecting. Disappointing. And what is with every contestant wanting to "try it again" this season?! They already said no, walk away.

8:05 - Hubby just sat down and said, "Is that a guy?" Oops. Poor Tiffany. Wait, not poor Tiffany. She's running her mouth. I wish the cameras would just quit following these people sometimes.

8:07 - Honest question - should they really let people who have already been signed audition? Joanna used to be signed with a label. And she's really good, like REALLY good. But if she had already been signed, what happened that she's now on this show? I don't get it? Whatev, she was good so of course she should go through. But the record label thing is going to be on my mind all night...

8:09 - WTF? A guy with his gun? Whatev, the producers wouldn't let someone with a loaded gun near their cash cow judges. We'll see how right I am after the commercials.


8:13 - Ouch, Mark's last name is Mudd. That sucks. Oh lord, he's one of those people that barely opens his mouth when he talks. That's pretty rotten. Oh, false pre-commercial crap. He doesn't have a gun. Thought so. He's not right for the show. At all. Okay, him and Simon are like, staring each other down or something. And now they think he's threatening them? Last time I checked, "Be careful" is not a threat.

8:16 - Oh, me likey Brent. He can sing, he's scruffy, and those dimples... *swoon* Paula is liking him too. Back off Paula! You're too old!

8:19 - And he's going to Hollywood... more swooning to come this season.

8:23 - Medley of the night. Oh, I didn't even recognize the song the first girl was singing. WTF is up with the zebra guy??? Hubby is laughing uncontrollably at the guy doing Michael Jackson.

8:25 - Matt is good. I like his song choice too. Oh and of course Simon has to be a jerk and tell him he doesn't "believe in himself." Dude, there's a nicer way to tell him to be more confident.

8:27 - Uhhh... here's one of those people that makes me wonder who the heck actually got him to audition. Ross "studied" how to sing. That tends to NOT WORK! Ohhhh... just let him sing. Paula you have no idea what he's talking about when he's talking about mathematical radicals. I could have told you he wasn't right for this. And yet the producers think he's funny?! I just feel bad for the guy. He's already doomed because he's labeled as a nerd. OH! He's straight up drinking Paula's water and using her straw! I'm done with this. Can we continue?

8:37 - They're telling this girl's story. Meaning she'll make it. Plus they already showed her with a guitar, which also promises good things. Alexis... yup, she's good. She has a pretty big voice for a little girl. Unexpected. Like her, but don't love her.

8:45 - Aaron is loud. And energetic. I hope he's good, because he's awfully enthusiastic about singing. Simon totally dogged on Tyra Banks!!! lol Okay, Aaron needs to tone it down BIG time. He might be good if he isn't yelling. Awww... they aren't putting him through.

8:50 - Rebecca has a "cheat sheet" on her arm. Oh, and it can't do anything for her voice. Poor thing. Wow, Kara was mean and actually feels bad about it! When did the judges get souls?

8:52 - And now the medley of good people. That means the last "inspirational story" is coming up next.

8:58 - Here's our "feel-good" story to conclude the night. Laneshe grew up homeless pretty much. Mom's her number one fan. I'm not going to go into the whole story. Let's just see the audition. She's singing a song she wrote. Her voice is good, don't know about the song. "I like your thuggish way?" Definitely not a fan of the song. But like I said, good voice. She'll get through.

9:02 - She's through and crying.

Okay, done tonight! On to Lost!!!

No comments: