Tuesday, January 20, 2009

American Idol - Night #3

Okay, I walked in late, let's jump in...

8:03 - I ran in the front door and thankfully hubby already has the show on. And I'm confronted by the most annoying laugh I've heard as of late. And a dress that scares me more than a little.

8:06 - Drama queen. Oh, and she keeps singing. She has potential to be good, but lord she's dramatic. I hope the drama thing is just part of the auditions. Because I want to know if she can sing and not just pout and laugh annoyingly.

8:08 - Seriously, make her stop laughing.

8:13 - Medley of not-so-good. Dull. Oh, but Dean-Anthony... and that coat. Haha... it does look warm. Um... not great. Seems like he's performing more than singing. Which is great in the right place, but not here. Oh he did NOT just say the carpet matches the drapes!!! Oh lord! Poor judges...

8:16 - Jesus. No, I didn't say Jesus as in from the Bible. I mean the Hispanic name Jesus. It's the guy's name. He's not bad, but he's trying a little too hard. I'd put him through. What... they're having him bring his kids in! They had so better let him through to Hollywood after letting his kids in the room. And he's singing again. Better this time. Yay! They let him through!

8:25 - Ryan's talking to Dalton. And he can totally solve a Rubik's cube. And he just did it in like, thirty seconds! Crazy. Now he's auditioning, and he looks beyond nervous. Ooh, and he's not good. Sadly. Like, at all. Aww, he's never sung in front of people either. Doubly rough.

8:28 - Dude, already time for another commercial? Lame, Fox. Super lame.

8:33 - Here we go, Simon and Kara finally get pissy with each other. It's about time. I'd probably get sick of Simon too.

8:34 - This girl has like, notes on how to train for gospel singing. Oh and she can't pronounce "larynx" or "trachea." Haha... I'm sorry, that's funny. Okay, the studying is old, can we get to the audition???

8:35 - Finally, she auditions. She seems really... intense. She's playing too much with her voice. And I don't get some of the spasms in her facial muscles. WTF?? I have no idea what she's even doing or saying anymore. I give up.

8:38 - Still arguing and trying to sing more for them. Finally walking away. That took too long.

8:39 - "They really made me feel like one of those auditioners that can't sing. Even though I can sing." Actual quote. Awesome. But now she needs to quit running her mouth.

8:40 - Another stinking commercial??? But at least I'm pretty hopeful for a guy coming up.

8:44 - John is good. So is Allison. And Raquel. Thank goodness for a medley that doesn't make me hang my head in shame and disappointment for these people.

8:46 - This girl, Annie, seriously doesn't know what she wants to sing??? You have to walk in knowing what you're doing! Ouch... what on earth? Kara calls it overdone and Annie responds, "Really?" You mean you can't tell???

8:47 - Now it's Adam's turn. This is the guy I'm feeling hopeful for based off his clip before commercials. Kara totally winked at him just now. I swear. I'm not seeing things. Oh and he's singing "Bohemian Rhapsody." And nailing it! Yay!!! Simon is the only one who has been at all negative. And he's still letting him through! Yay!!!

8:55 - Kai takes care of his mom. Which is cute in itself. And this guy vaguely reminds me of my brother. Which makes me like him that much more. Awww... him and his mommy are cute. Hubby just brought up a point that they don't give this much backstory when the singer sucks. Whatev, I still like hearing the backstory. Okay, I like him. A lot. They think his stage presence needs work, but they're letting him through.

8:59 - They're playing one of my favorite Christian songs behind him calling his mom!!! And in case you're wondering, it's "I Can Only Imagine."

Lame. I didn't know it was only an hour tonight. Booooo. Guess I can let hubby watch Scrubs tonight. Lucky him. See you tomorrow night!

No comments: