Friday, January 9, 2009

The Horrors of Wally World

So I try not to go to Wal-Mart. The crowd at the one near me is constant. The only time that's good to go is at seven in the morning on a weekday. Target's prices are almost as good usually, and the store is cleaner. So I just go there.

Today I thought we would check Wal-Mart because there were other things I needed that I might not find at Target (grocery and craft stuff).

Big mistake. Huge. (Quick, what movie is that from?)

While near groceries I heard a guy threatening someone (loudly) in the next aisle with bodily harm. And he even told the guy he'd be waiting for him outside. Over his girlfriend. Really dude? I got a look at her, and I'm pretty sure she was a solid five. Six at best. But then, when you're a three or four I guess that's dating up... Anyway, I quickly took Tad and our shopping cart elsewhere.

Then as we're checking out, I hear a flurry of curse words (of the fu** and bi*** and other nice names category). I have no clue what happened, but this chick that seriously looked like she was on something was going absolutely nuts over something that someone had said to her. It got to the point where there were at least six employees around her after they got her to sit down. Oh, and did I mention she was pushing a crying toddler in her cart? And she was pregnant? Yeah, mom of the year. Way to go.

So I'm pretty sure if I absolutely have to go to Wally World for any reason in the future, I'll be doing the pre-work trip. And possibly the store in the northern part of town. Because that was not a pleasant adventure. What's next? Someone carrying a gun and shooting because someone's cart is in their way???

1 comment:

MalContent said...

I don't recall what the quote is from. :( Sounds super familiar though and I know I'm gonna kick myself when I find out.

Anyway. Wow. That's some crazy-ass shit right there, gotta say. Even the Walmart that used to be on Hollywood Blvd wasn't that bad. Not that I went there often, but still.

I think the scariest thing about this is, in Hollyweird you can tell the nutters by looking at them. They LOOK messed up. But by the sound of it, these are normal-looking people who are shithouse rat nuts. That's freaky.