Wednesday, January 28, 2009

American Idol - Night #6

Last night of auditions. Finally. They're in Salt Lake City tonight.

8:03 - Ugh. Why are we talking about the Osmonds??? NOOOOO!!! I'm not even reviewing this guy.

8:11 - Wow, Tara's a tall girl. And could she look more angry?! And she thinks she has ESP?! I'm feeling a bad audition here... yup. Hey! I think I have ESP!

8:14 - Here's our medley of bad people. *sigh*

8:15 - Why oh why did this guy think it was a good idea to bring his friend in a rabbit suit? Why do people think gimmicks HELP? STOP!!! Chris, let this be a lesson. You aren't horrible, but your bunny friend is NOT HELPING.

8:23 - Bet Salt Lake loves the stereotypes that they're all super nice and cheerful. I should move there just to displace all the cheeriness. Haha...

8:24 - Ryan is basically telling people to beg. Great. I hate when they beg.

8:24 - Frankie's a mom? She looks like a kid! She's good. Haha... I think she reminds me of Sarah Silverman. A little hotter. She'll go through.

8:27 - Megan is 23, a mom and divorced. Ouch. But since they're showing us her story she'll obviously make it to Hollywood. She's good, different-sounding. I don't know who to even compare her too. Very lounge-singer. I like her.

8:30 - I don't know what it is, but I find myself very easily annoyed by Ryan this season. Anyone else? It's like they upped the bad jokes. Or maybe I'm just in a mood. That's extremely likely.

8:35 - Andrew is like that other guy who had the super deep voice. Meh. Not for this competition.

8:36 - Austin looks like a baby. And those senior sweater his posse and he are sporting in the school vid are VERY unfortunate. But let's go to audition. I love the song he picked. Meh. He's better than I would be, but that's probably not saying much. Haha... I can see where he might be able to improve though. I have no preference about whether or not he goes to Hollywood. They're giving him another song. He sounds better on this one, even though I don't know the song.

8:40 - Apparently Rose has an "inspirational story" after the break. Why don't you just go ahead and tell us she's going to Hollywood, Ryan? Really.

8:44 - Crying people. Do we really need a montage? Really?

8:46 - OMG! Simon snort-laughed at a contestant!!

8:46 - Oh this is a biiig girl. Like, tall. Yup, 5'11". Jeez-o. She's Samoan, so there ya go. They're not a small people. Taylor can sing too. And at almost six feet, you can't say she has no stage presence.

8:53 - Rose is cute. Obviously a hippie, but she's cute. She's the story of the night that they've been alluding to since the first commercial break. I hope she isn't always barefoot.

8:55 - She's going to audition barefoot. Betcha when she gets to Hollywood she does all those performances barefoot too. That'll be funny. She'd pretty good, but I think I've heard better too in all these auditions.

8:57 - Simon said she's "one of the few he'll remember." That's pretty good.

Alright, we're done for the night. And for the week. Wait, what?!? Well, crap. There's more Idol tomorrow. Okay, guess I'll see y'all tomorrow.

1 comment:

MalContent said...

Hotter than Sarah? Because I kinda like Sarah. Hmmmm....

So this evening, incidentally, on the radio they were totally talking about the stuff you live-blogged last night. I thought that was kinda hilarious.