Tuesday, April 28, 2009

San Diego - Day 4

Okay, I'm FINALLY getting around to our last day of vacation. And I still owe you a cupcake blog. Which will hopefully be coming tomorrow.

So on our last day we woke up to this on our door.

Really Holiday Inn? Who paints the door frames WHILE SOMEONE IS STAYING IN THE ROOMS?! Just capped off our stay in the hotel that shall not be stayed in again.

Once we were all packed up and checked out we got some lunch. The Monday before our trip we just happened to catch an episode of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives (ya know, my favorite show ever) that featured a place in San Diego. It's a fish market and grill so of course (being San Diego) everything is fresh. So we headed there and split a sandwich and got a fish taco each. Okay, the tacos were huge. I should have taken a picture. But OH LORD this place was so good. I will totally convince hubby to go back when we take Tad to Sea World.



And on the ground outside the place making the BEST FISH TACOS EVER was this little art project...

I'm guessing he does that at every place he hits for the show? Oh, and if you can't read that, it says "Guy ate here."
Then we got our cupcakes for the day, this time at Heavenly Cupcakes downtown. From there, we decided to go look at the ships in the harbor. But having enough money left to gas up on the way home, we didn't tour any. Maybe next time. So here's the Star of India. And yes, it's that huge that I couldn't fit the whole thing in my camera without annoying people walking in front of my camera.


Then we continued down to the USS Midway. There were some cool statues and memorials along the way, but I didn't want to bore you with every single picture I took.
But I had to post the picture of this one. I should have made Tim dip me like that for a totally cheesy picture. But it was hot, and somehow there was no one around to help me out with that.


So you get one of the classic self-taken ones. Sorry about the glare on the car behind us.


And then we headed home. When we hit Burbank there was an issue with traffic. And Arthur (my car) wanted to start overheating. But we were fine. A little bit burnt, a lot tired, but we had fun.

No comments: