Monday, April 6, 2009

Dancing Week 5

It's Monday again! Time for more dancing! And tonight the stars are dancing the Viennese waltz (which my friend Steven accidentally called the Vietnamese waltz once) or the paso doble. I love me a waltz. And the paso doble... holy cow it's awesome.

Chuck and Julianne - Viennese waltz - I have to get out my weekly comment about how there are the cutest couple ever. I'll be sad if they break up one day. and I can't help but notice that they use country songs a lot. One more reason they're just cute. Oh, you want to know how they danced? I liked it. Chuck has the fluid movements down and he looked really good. *Side note: who cares about Heather Mills and was it really necessary to show her in the audience?!* Judges' score: 23

Lawrence and Edyta - paso doble - One would assume that he would have no problem with the power and aggressiveness, but he was in rehearsals. The performance was good, but there were a couple points where he seemed really stiff. Judges' score: 20

Shawn and Mark - Viennese waltz - They were good. She was cute and graceful and just pretty. It made me miss ballroom class because my buddy and I would swoop around the whole floor during the waltz. They were just seriously good. Judges' score: 26

Melissa and Tony - paso doble - Melissa has trouble not smiling. She didn't exactly look angry the whole time, and I did catch her smile once. But the dance was good. Even if she wasn't as aggressive as Tony had tried to get her to be. Judges' score: 25

DAG and Kym - Viennese waltz - I have a hard time accepting his serious face. It's just not natural. But I liked their dance. It wasn't perfect. DAG looked a little stiff, and not too fluid at some points. Judges' score: 22

Gilles and Cheryl - paso doble - I was RIDICULOUSLY excited when I found out they were doing the paso doble. I have a little bit of a crush I think... and holy crap, he was shirtless at the beginning. His lines were amazing, he had the attitude, he ROCKED. Applause went on forever so I'm guessing I'm not the only one who thought so. Judges' score: 29 (I totally knew it would come out that way, stupid Len)

Steve-O and Lacey - Viennese waltz - Knoxville, Wee Man and Jeff Tremaine showed up at rehearsal. Which of course gave us some good moments. Steve-O's mime at the beginning was cute. He was good at it. He was too hunched though, and his shoulders weren't quite squared enough. Don't know if that's because of his back or if he just didn't get this one. Judges' score: 18

Ty and Chelsie - paso doble - Wow. He actually looked pretty good. His arm movements were a bit stiff, but he had the posture and the attitude. Give Ty more manly dances! Judges' score: 21

Lil' Kim and Derek - Viennese waltz - I posed the question on my Twitter, and I'll do the same here: who is voting for her??? Prison and nipple exposure people. Is that what you want for the winner of this show? She was making some kind of strange faces during the dance. And she needed to close her mouth. But the dance itself was good, I have to admit. I'm surprised at how graceful she is when I grew up with her skankin' it up in nipple tassels and funky colored wigs. Judges' score: 26

No comments: