Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Names

I asked a friend to remind me to blog about this. And I feel slightly motivated, so here we go.

Who gives fruit names? Particularly grapes. We drove by a vineyard on our way out of town last week and they had big fancy paintings on the wall of the different types of grapes they grow. The name that sticks out in my mind is "Midnight Beauty."

What kind of a name is that for a piece of FRUIT?

So I of course decided to let hubby know that I find this ridiculous. If I were to name grapes they would have simpler names. Green. Light Green. Purpley Almost Black.

Hubby was amused by this and started describing the wines we would make. "Oh this one is mainly Purpley Almost Black with just a touch of Reddish Purple in it."

We're retarded. And I am lame for even feeling the need to share the story. But the naming of grapes is weird and I had to share.

No comments: