Tuesday, April 7, 2009

American Idol - Top 8

Finally, the show is only taking up an hour on Tuesdays. Two hours of my night was killing me. Tonight is songs from their birth years.

Danny Gokey - Stand By Me - This is a different version than the normal one. He was good, but not so great that I'd go out and buy an album from him. I missed what the judges said because I was concerned about Rupert (he's not walking, but hubby thinks it's because he's exhausted).

*random interjection: I made the best meatloaf ever tonight*

Kris Allen - All She Wants To Do Is Dance - I like this song. I didn't love his version. It was a little "funky" for my taste. His singing was still good though. And the girls still screamed and swooned for him. Kara said it felt like a homework assignment. Paula liked it. Simon called it "indulgent, boring, and forgettable." Randy didn't like the song choice (big surprise).

Lil Rounds - What's Love Got To Do With It - Hubby called her song choice predictable. But at least she sounded better than she does when she tries out a new sound. Paula took too long to say that she wasn't so impressed. Simon mentioned that it was a "second or third rate Tina Turner." Randy took too many words to say that he agreed with the two. Kara tried to sound different, but totally didn't.

Anoop Desai - True Colors - Good vocals. Really good vocals. Not the most exciting song in the world, but I liked it. Randy liked it and complimented the vocals. Kara liked it too and talked too much. Paula loved it. Simon liked that he made it his version.

Scott MacIntyre - The Search is Over - Not really good. I think this was the most disappointed I was in him. He can't quite hit the high notes. Kara and Paula weren't totally clear on what they think. Simon called the song horrible. Randy... I wasn't paying attention.

Allison Iraheta - I Can't Make You Love Me - Holy crap, she was born in 1992. She was really good. I'm glad they didn't dress her like crap this week. Paula loved her and gushed a bit. Simon liked her, but then said she needs to be more likable. Randy loved her. Didn't listen to what Kara said...

*random interjection: I was right and something was wrong with Rupert. He died while hubby was holding him. Now I'm being an idiot and sitting here crying.*

Matt Giraud - Part Time Lover - I like when Matt sings this style. He was reeeeally good tonight. Randy and Kara and Simon went nuts for him. Simon told him "a million times better than last week."

Adam Lambert - Mad World - I LOVE this song. So much. So I was a little stoked when I heard those first notes from the piano. And Adam did a good job. No, an EXCELLENT job. If I was voting, he would totally have my vote tonight. As it is, I may just go download his version in a minute. Simon spoke for everyone and gave Adam a standing ovation! I uttered a naughty word in surprise.

Tops of the night: Adam, Matt and Allison for me.

Bottoms: Scott. Maybe Lil because she hasn't gotten any better lately.

No comments: