Saturday, April 25, 2009

San Diego - Day 2

I totally skipped blogging yesterday. Oops. I don't even have a good excuse for you. I'm lame. Sorry.

So Saturday we totally slept in. As well as we could anyway. Because the people in the room above us were not people. They were elephants. Very active elephants. It was actually quite annoying... but back to our day...

So since we slept in we decided to just have a slightly early lunch. We ended up at a place called The Boat House. And this was our view there...


The food was pretty good. The service not so much. But oh well. From there we headed to Balboa Park. We didn't hit the zoo (sadly funds did not allow), but if you've been to San Diego you know how much stuff there is to do in Balboa Park.

I took pictures of lots of random things. The cool buildings, the random gardens...


And I glared at hubby (or tried to) when he made smart remarks about taking our picture.



We also hit up the Museum of Man at the park. Mostly because I saw that they had an exhibit on Mayans. Why do I care about the Mayans? Because my mom thinks that's what my dad's side (I'm only half-Mexican) is. Because we're short. And I had some birthmark that Mayan babies were born with. But back to the museum... here's part of the exhibit taken from upstairs.


The museum actually killed some time. We left and wandered over to the Spanish Art Village. It was way cute. And I just wanted a mojito so I could sit at this cute red table...


Do you love it? I want one just like this. It's adorable. Oh, and the ground is like that all through the little village. Way cute.


On our way back to the car we just kind of wandered. And happened to find this cactus garden-thing. It was pretty cool. There were some seriously weird plants.


And once we left there we passed a rose garden. Which I also loved. There was just about every color imaginable.


There was a wedding party taking pictures, which made me all reminiscent. So I snuck a picture of them. They were super fabulous and her bridesmaids looked amazing.


And I got a picture taken by someone else. Yay! A non-self-portrait! What was cute was that the lady took like, five or six of us. Portrait and landscape layout (or hot dog and hamburger for my fellow teachers). Zoomed in, zoomed out. She was so cute.


And from there we went to bakery number two of the trip: Babycakes in downtown. And downtown was an adventure in itself. I didn't know that every single street is one way down there. Add to that the fact that downtown San Diego is THE LAND OF NO LEFT-HAND TURNS and we had to make some extra turns before we found the place. But it was well worth it. They were tasty. But Cupcakes Squared still wins. You'll have to wait for those cupcake pics still... they so deserve their own blog.

And that was Saturday. We got pizza for dinner and vegged. And tomorrow, if I don't get busy or lazy, you'll see what was up Sunday.

1 comment:

Mal said...

Oh, yeah -- Downtown SD is INSANE for the one-way streets. I do not know what the hell they were thinking, srsly.

Actually, downtown Los Angeles is about as bad.

Maybe it's, like, a "Downtown" thing. Hmmmm.