Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Baking Week Day 2... and a new baby

Hello again.


I'm on time with today's baking post! Woohoooo! I made brownies today. But I cheated and used a box mix... But I made up for it! I added some instant coffee to the water that the box called for. And I made a coffee frosting...

Oooooh. So tasty. Totally rich. And I used the 8x8 pan so that they would stay a bit gooey. You can win my heart with slightly gooey brownies. The frosting... meh. A little sweet. I'll post the recipe I used, but I suggest starting with half the sugar called for and adding to taste.

Coffee Frosting
1/2 c. butter, soft
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. powdered sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. milk
2 tsp. instant coffee

Dissolve the coffee in the milk. Don't worry, it works even if the milk isn't hot. Cream the butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Add the sugar (once again, I recommend you start with half the written amount). Once blended, add the milk/coffee mixture. Beat on high for about two minutes. Spread over your brownies/cookies/cake.
Oh, and I mentioned a new baby in the title. I found another abandoned duckling. It had started raining hard so I grabbed our homemade net (a pillowcase, a hanger, and a handle) and grabbed him. I had to run out in the rain and get wet to rescue him. His name is Rupert (thanks brother!). I figure it works because I don't know if he's a boy or girl. Now if he turns out to be a she we can just call him RuPaul. Clever huh?

No comments: