Tuesday, April 28, 2009

American Idol - Top 5

Oops, I totally tuned in ten minutes late. It's Rat Pack night. And Jamie Foxx (WTF?!) is the mentor.

Kris Allen - The Way You Look Tonight - LOVE this song. And I'm likin' Kris. If he keeps making the female viewers swoon and vote for him, he could make it to the final night. Randy called it his best performance to date. Kara talked too much and liked him. I hate her need to use "industry" words. Paula just loves him, I'm surprised she isn't wiping drool. Simon thought it was good, but wasn't as "enthusiastic" as everyone else.

Allison Iraheta - Someone to Watch Over Me - She didn't rock it out at all, which was different. But it was a GOOD different. I liked her. But I always like her. Randy liked her and compared her to Brittany Murphy and Pink in the process of saying so. Kara liked her. Paula liked her (I have no clue what she was saying though). Simon thought it was a great performance, but had a feeling she may leave this week.

Matt Giraud - My Funny Valentine - This is so the perfect week for him. He sounded GREAT. Randy didn't love it. Kara didn't feel he was "emotionally connected." Paula loved it. Simon actually liked it, which shocked me. He thought it was "believable and authentic." Then he threw in a "brilliant" for good measure.

Danny Gokey - Come Rain or Come Shine - He sounded really good tonight. Heather, I am totally with you on loving him tonight. He sounded great, he looked great, and he NAILED his song. Randy said he's the "only one so far who could have an album of songs like that and win." Kara said he had "swag" and I'm assuming she meant "swagger." She screws up like that a lot. Paula called him "stellar." Simon said they're the best vocals he's heard from him in weeks.

Adam Lambert - Feelin' Good - How does Adam pick a song I LOVE week after week. I love this song in every way possible. And HOLY CRAP he killed it. Just from the beginning he had my attention. So perfect for him. Hubby probably got sick of me saying how great it was during the performance. He may be totally flaming* but HE IS AMAZING!!! Randy loved him. Kara said her jaw drops every time he performs. Paula said he makes her feel "better than good." Simon also liked it. He didn't even have anything bad to say!

Okay, so bottom tomorrow... I'm going to go with Matt and Allison. Not my choices, just what I think will happen.

*Okay, refrain from calling me names or anything. Because look at him, he's more than a little flamboyant.

No comments: