Friday, April 10, 2009

The Results

Hours in the kitchen yesterday, and when I was on the phone with my mom this morning she asked why I haven't been blogging. Well, here's your fix mom.

Just over forty cupcakes and a 4-inch two-layer cake. I used fondant for the first time (I made a marshmallow fondant) and managed to make it look cute. I'm ready to give it another shot, but not right away.







The three above were my easiest (obviously). The colors were pink, yellow and chocolate brown. So chocolate frosting was kind of a given.



Here's my yellow fondant. The frosting is also pale yellow, but it didn't photograph well. Go figure.



Here's my pink on pink. I think those are my favorite.



And both colors.



And here's my mini-cake! I love how it turned out. So cute!



And here's all the cuteness together. They earned a squeal from my cousin when she came to pick them up. I'm rather proud of them. Not bad for my first time with fondant, and definitely not bad for all of it done in a day.

And I leave you with an amusing picture. I have this bad habit when I'm standing around barefoot. I put all my weight on my heels. And when I do this for a few hours in the kitchen I'm in pain. So yesterday I told hubby, "Don't laugh, but I'm going to bake in heels so I stay on the balls of my feet."

And I promptly put on my leopard wedges. And promptly told him to take a picture because I knew my cousin would get a kick out of it.

So here's me, in all my gross t-shirt and long shorts glory. With a ponytail. In need of a shower. And rocking the leopard wedges. Oh, and the band-aid covering the massive burn on my forearm (yup, it's still there).


Happy Friday. I'm off to do some more baking.

1 comment:

Holly said...

So many cupcakes; they are ADORABLE! I was going to make some too for the long weekend, but I'm soooo lazy! Love your heels btw :)