Monday, April 27, 2009

Dancing Week 8

So tonight there's a dance for each couple, plus a team dance. Which I think they tried for the first time last season, but don't quote me on that.

Here's hoping Lil Kim goes home this week...

Oh, Melissa isn't here this week. Apparently she got hurt or aggravated something that was already there. They'll explain further later. I wish they would just get that stuff out of the way at the beginning.

Gilles and Cheryl - lindy hop - Okay, so the hair department succeeded in making him un-hot. But the dance looked good. He gets serious air on his jumps. And the lifts were fun. Judges' score: 27

Lil Kim and Derek - paso doble - I really don't understand how people can cheer so wildly for her. Apparently I'm the only one who just can't get past her previous... um... we'll call them bad choices. But the dance was good. She stayed serious for it and the whole thing looked good. Judges' score: 28

Chuck and Julianne - cha cha cha - Chuck looks totally confident again, good sign! And they look really good again! I so hope he continues to get better. I'd love for them to stick around. Judges' score: 26

Shawn and Mark - samba - She looked like she started about a half beat later than she was supposed to, but she caught up quick. Hubby said it looked like she was too conscious of her arms during the dance. Then he questioned his sexuality for noticing such a thing. I thought they looked good, but it wasn't their best. Judges' score: 27

*So I guess Melissa hurt her ribs last week and then made it worse this week during practice. She rehearsed, but the pain got worse and she couldn't perform. So now we get to watch her rehearsal. Two things that have nothing to do with the dance: 1) yeah, she totally has a tramp stamp 2) her pants are OBSCENELY low. I don't wanna know how much waxing is involved in wearing those pants. The judges scored the dance with 21.

Ty and Chelsie - salsa - Poor Ty. The cowboy is expected to salsa? Wow, his hips are actually moving! He's a little hunched though. But he still looks a thousand times better than he did at the beginning. Hubby is actually really enjoying him I think. And Ty looks like he's having fun, he doesn't have the nervous look that's usually there. Judges' score: 24

So the first team dance is mambo. Team Mambo is Chuck, Melissa, Shawn and their partners. Lacey is stepping in for Melissa. Of course Lacey and Tony looked good, they're both pros. Shawn and Mark were good, but Shawn didn't look like she was totally into it at some points. Chuck and Julianne were cute. The whole dance was pretty good. Team score: 25

The second team was Team Tango. This team is Gilles, Lil Kim, Ty and their partners. The choreography is really good. It helps that I'm totally partial to the tango. Ty didn't look quite as good to me as he did in his salsa. But of course Gilles killed it. He's just awesome. I think I liked it better than the mambo, but like I said, I love a good tango. Team score: 28

Tomorrow, I think Ty will be in the bottom and possibly go home. With him? I'm gonna hope against hope and say Lil Kim.

No comments: