Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wow

We actually watched the Oscars tonight. They're almost over now. I'm not going to go on about every little thing. Maybe tomorrow. But I will say that the in memoriam part is always the most bittersweet thing of the night.

I'm not going to wax philosophical or anything, but as hubby and I sat here I realized something. Charlton Heston, Roy Scheider, and Paul Newman have all died in the last year. Three of the manliest men in films. It just made me sad.

*Hubby gets comment of the night. Richard Jenkins was just featured because he's nominated for best actor. Hubby asked, "Did he get nominated for Step-Brothers? Because he was pretty good in that." Ohhhh, my husband.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

That is sad, I like Paul Newman, he was pretty hot for someone old enough to be atleast my dad
if not my granddad

hahaha