Monday, February 23, 2009

O is for...

Wow the things O could be for... but I won't go there!

O is for old.

Yeah, I know, I'm in my twenties, how can I possibly be considered old? But there are things making me feel old now. My husband will be thirty next month. He's struggling with that more than me. My nephew who is like my child will be starting Kindergarten this year. Kindergarten! I just can't picture him spending time at school now, where they get report cards and bad cafeteria food. It makes me sad and I will likely cry. Then hubby will laugh. And I'll get mad.

I also have an issue with the fact that my oldest nephew is going to be eight this year. Eight years old. This is the kid that was a year and a half when I met hubby. The kid who stole my soda the first time I met him. He can't possibly be eight already. I have trouble accepting this.

I know it will only get worse as they continue to grow up. I know that no girls will ever be good enough for my nephews and no boys will be good enough for my nieces. I know this will be the case with my own children one day. How do parents do it? I don't think I ever really realized just how old I was getting until I had kids in my life.

Ugh.

I don't want to be old.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey lady, my second daughter is going to be 8 this year!

Now THAT makes me feel old.

I will be married 14 years this year,
now THAT makes me feel old, until I remember that hey i got married at 18 (I still cringe a little at that)

I think the weirdest part about getting older is that you don't necessarily FEEL older, which is why it's harder to deal with when you do notice the signs of aging in the mirror.