Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dancing! Dancing is coming!!!

I was waiting anxiously for the lineup for Dancing With the Stars to be announced. And my wonderings and suspicions are now a thing of the past. Here's the lineup, with a brief "who they are," and of course a brief (or not-so-brief) "what I think."

Belinda Carlisle: Yes, that Belinda. Of the Go-Go's. I loved them for a short time (I was old enough to like them in the eighties). What do I think? Meh. I really have no speculations right now about how she'll do.

David Alan Grier: Ahhhh, DAG. He's buddies with Adam Carolla so I'm most familiar with him on that show. That's really the only capacity I can say I love him in. But if you're not sure what he's done (FYI, he has both television and movies under his belt) you could look him up on IMDB. I don't know how his dancing will be, but I hope he doesn't go tame just for the show. Because he's actually pretty funny.

Jewel: I'm kind of excited for Jewel, I have to admit. You remember her from the nineties music scene. I loved her then, and I actually got to see her open for Brad Paisley last summer. Anywho, I hope she does well. They've got some rivalry going because her husband is also dancing this season. (see Ty Murray below)

Shawn Johnson: The little girl that everyone loved on the U.S. gymnastic team last summer. We'll see how she does. She's awful little which could work as an advantage as well as a disadvantage. I'm meh on her at this point.

Lil' Kim: Ugh. If you don't know who she is, I'm envious. I wouldn't put it past her to have an "accidental" wardrobe malfunction. I hope she leaves quickly.

Gilles Marini: Who? Apparently he had a part in the Sex and the City movie. That would explain why I don't know him. I don't watch that mindless drivel.

Ty Murray: Retired rodeo bull-rider. I loved him. Yes, I watch PBR. And enjoy every minute. So yes, love him. He's also married to Jewel. I hope he sticks around for a while. Although it will be funny to me to see him dancing when I'm used to seeing him in a dirty ring jumping off a bull.

Steve-O: Of Jackass fame!!! I'm far more excited about this than I should be. I have this weird twisted crush on him. Well, not anymore, but I did for a long time. I doubt he'll last long, but a girl can hope, can't she?

Nancy O'Dell: From Access Hollywood. And lots of award show red carpets. She's cute and all, but I feel like her smiley, shiny television persona might get to me. We'll see. Watch her end up being insanely good.

Denise Richards: The attention-whore who might possibly be most famous for marrying and divorcing Charlie Sheen (and talking all kinds of trash in the process) or the movie Wild Things. And only Wild Things because she kissed a girl and had a threesome. I'm sure you can gauge my feelings toward her, right? She loves the spotlight a little too much for me.

Lawrence Taylor: The NFL Hall of Famer. Awesome. I can't remember how old he is at the moment, but if he looks old I might be a little bothered by that. I'm betting he'll be around for a while. Football players can dance.

Chuck Wicks: Country singer. Relative newcomer to the music industry. We actually caught him on tour with Brad Paisley too. He's a'ight. But funny part? He's dating Julianne Hough. Yes, the pro dancer from the show. And word is that they're going to be coupled. I'm really excited. And I have a funny story about him. When we were at said concert, I was in the bathroom afterward and overheard some extremely drunk women talking. One commented to the other that, "That Chad Hicks was pretty cute." I laughed. Hard. And loudly. I still refer to him as that.

Steve Wozniak: Apparently something to do with computers? He worked for Apple forever ago. Big whoop. My guess is he won't stick around long. Because I actually had to read about him to know who he is. Oh but wait, I'm not one of those Apple freaks who keeps track of every last person who has ever worked for them. So if nerds watch I guess he'll get votes.

There's the lineup. Show starts in March. The partners (apart from Chuck and Julianne) haven't been announced yet. I'm so stoked. Oh, and if you want the link, here.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hahaha, wouldn't it be horrid and suprising if Lil' Kim or Denise won....yikes, I shudder to think of the outfits they may wear...

Anonymous said...

I gotta say.... You insulted the Woz. He's one of the reasons you have a computer to use.