Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lazy Sunday and some Musings

It's Super Bowl Sunday. Big deal. We're not going to any parties, in fact, I'm sitting here watching The Real World. Much better to me than two teams I don't care about.

We got the UFC fight last night, last minute plan. Tim's cousin is normally the one who gets it, but his wife had made plans for them (oops). I promptly vowed to Tim to NEVER make plans for fight night. Anyway, I was super stoked for the title fight: Georges St. Pierre vs. BJ Penn. I was totally for GSP, Tim was for Penn. Actually, the other three people who came over were ALSO for Penn. I was totally outnumbered. But then GSP won and made my night. I so should have bet them some money.

Today is one more day to relax before the week. Tomorrow I have to solve the problem school created. It looks like it will be easier than I thought. But now that I'm on my way to solving my problem, I read in the paper yesterday that our school district (my number one choice) is "suspending hiring." With the exception of emergencies. I don't think it's quite the same as a hiring freeze. So I might still be able to get in as a sub, since they aren't salary employees. There's also a school district that neighbors ours. So far they aren't in trouble, so hopefully I can get in there too.

But all stressful things aside, I'm just going to enjoy my day today. Maybe I'll get back to the crafting. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha, I didnt even know who was playing or that the Cardinals are now in Arizona and no longer St. Louis anymore...mainly Megan and I got drunk and acted silly and cheered when her boyfriend Jeff did. I did however make a kick ass cake, there is a picture of the lovely texture on my myspace under the Superbowl Awesomeness album X-D

I even tagged it for ya X-D