Wednesday, February 11, 2009

American Idol - Final 36

So we finally made it down to thirty-six spots tonight. Of course I had some issues with some that were chosen, but isn't that always the case? There was a twist this year: in a few instances two contestants had to "sing for survival" against each other. So let me get down to this in a way that makes sense.

Singing for survival:
  • Alex vs. Cody: I recognized them, but they haven't stood out much to me. Alex went through.
  • Jenn vs. Kristen: Kristen was the one involved in a lot of drama during group week. Jenn has been flying under the radar. Kristen got through, but not without an unnecessary amount of bit**ing from Simon. He was butthurt that the "pretty one" wasn't let through. I'm really tired of how piggish he seems this season. Is it just me, or is he worse?
  • Frankie vs. Jesse: Frankie was awesome during auditions, but Jesse stood out more often. Jesse got through.
  • Jackie vs. Nathaniel: I don't particularly remember Jackie, and Nathaniel only stands out because he's so emo it hurts. Nathaniel is through. I swear, the way he cries, Kleenex should totally sponsor him. They'd get at least five tissues an episode used by this crybaby.
  • Michael vs. Matt: One works on an oil rig, one is a welder. I like them both. And they both got through. Which was totally planned, seeing as how the producers KNOW that they're only keeping thirty-six and these were the last two to get results.

So through? I'll list the names of people who don't earn a plethora of comments. Anoop, Von, Alex, Adam, Taylor, Jasmine (no surprise there), Arianna, Casey (hubby LOVES her), Megan, Mishavonna, Stevie, Joanna, Kendall, Kristen, Alexis, Scott, Lil (no surprise there either), Jesse, Allison, Danny (KNEW it!), Ricky, Matt, Ju'not, Jorge, Brent (cute guy), Stephen (I'm amazed because he's the one who walked off his last chance last night), Jackie (who took her heels off to run out and celebrate), Nathaniel, Jeanine, Kai (yay!), Anne-Marie, Kris, Michael, and Matt.

Now, if you counted all those names you would only come up with thirty-four. That's because I'm severely disappointed with two of the choices. Nick/Norman got through. The guy who doesn't seem to realize that it's not a comedy competition. I'm annoyed that Paula even likes him. And I love that Simon is not subtle in expressing his disagreement with the decision. The other disappointment? Tatiana. That's right, the one who hyperventilates and runs her mouth every other minute. She's loud, annoying, talks far too much... ugh. Even Simon told her, "Just try for once not to be annoying." It didn't work.

Also, Jamar (Danny's BFF) didn't get through. That was sad. First of all, Kara was grinning when she told him he wasn't staying. And the whole room was in shock when Jamar came back down. I felt so horrible when I saw the look on Danny's face.

So, next week apparently we get to vote? I was only half-paying attention. Regardless, I'll blog with the next episode again. Here's where it starts to get good...

No comments: