Saturday, February 14, 2009

Food Review

I haven't done one of these. But this one was SO necessary.

Cold Stone Creamery is serving ice cream cupcakes through the end of March.

I learned this and did a happy dance. I love Cold Stone. I love cupcakes. What could be better? So hubby and I went to get some recently. There are three flavors available: Sweet Cream, Cake Batter Delux (yes, they spell it that way), and Double Chocolate Devotion. Descriptions of each are available at the link above.


Overall review: really good. I was expecting the chocolate cups to be obnoxious and too thick. But not at all. They were a perfect thickness. The ice cream was great (duh), the frosting (whipped cream!) was not too sweet at all (I was worried), and the cake tasted good. My only complaint? Not quite enough cake. I could definitely do with more cake in mine. Hubby agrees. On to details...

Sweet Cream: Oh soooooo good. I loved it. Surprisingly, I haven't had the sweet cream ice cream before. I will definitely be getting that on the next visit. Cake was good, just not quite enough for me.

Cake Batter Delux: Good. I'm not a huge fan of the cake batter ice cream though. The red velvet cake was good though, and that's one cake that I'm picky about.

Double Chocolate Devotion: Reeeeally good. Seriously. If you have a chocolate craving, have one of these. Cake was great, ice cream was great... I was happy.

Overall I think I may have liked the Sweet Cream best. But if I was PMSing, I can totally see downing three Double Chocolate Devotions. Cake Batter Delux, I would eat it again. It was good, but given a choice I would pick the other two. Hubby can't pick. He loved them all. If he absolutely had to pick though, he said Sweet Cream also.

So go forth. And purchase ice cream cupcakes! They come in six packs and you can get one flavor, or the variety pack with two of each flavor. Remember, this is only through the end of March!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You totally bugged him until he picked one, didn't you? LMAO -- I can so picture that convo.

Those sound super decadent. If I wasn't freaking about being an elephant I'd go get some right now (there's a Coldstone just down the street).

Andrea said...

Haaa, wow that is pretty cool! They look good too!

Oh hey did I tell you I found a recipe for Guiness cupcakes??

http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/article/709/19855

http://dulcedoblog.blogspot.com/2008/03/guinness-cupcakes-with-baileys-irish.html


I plan to try these as soon as I get some Guinness and some Baileys