Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ohhh Saturday

Last night was super awesomely fun.

I started the night with my cousin by doing some shopping. We were successful and found an outfit for the wedding she's going to/helping with in a month. She also totally scored on some shoes, which I am still jealous of. Also, randomly ran into a guy we went to church with back in the day. Invited him and his friend to hit the show later, weren't sure if he'd go.

Then we hit Applebee's so we didn't have to drink on an empty stomach. Hubby joined us there. The waiter creeped us out, which gave us all something to laugh about the rest of the night.

Then the club. So. Much. Fun. My brother played in two bands, then Robots played, then my four favorite guys got together to do a Misfits set!! And they totally killed. My brother did the singing, and I should have taken video. He was so amazing! I just love watching all of them. Random church-guy from the mall showed up for a bit. Told me a funny story about my ex (which I won't repeat because I try not to be THAT mean).

But wow I had a serious issue with a girl. She caught our attention because she was dancing during one of my brother's sets. It was the typical dance of a girl who's been drinking too much and wants attention. A little bit of stripper moves, some random gyrations, and something looking like drunk belly-dancing. It was simultaneously entertaining and frightening. She continued this throughout the night, and continued to look more and more wasted. By the end of the show, (I'll just throw this out there) she was a sweaty mess and her hair looked more and more like cheap, nasty extensions (which I don't think they were, and that scares me). But it gets better...

Nick (my brother) is singing the Misfits set and he's on the floor in front of the stage for a bit. Crazy Dancing Wasted Chick is ALL OVER him. Like (TURN AWAY NOW MOM) I thought she was going to try and unzip his pants right there. Kayla (cousin) and I are looking at each other thoroughly disgusted and I'm ready to push her right out of the way (I'm trying to take pics during all this). I controlled myself (which was the second hardest time in my life, I'll tell you about the worst one day) and let her make a fool of herself.

As soon as the set is done she's back on the stage leaning on him and being all gross. My brother is far too nice, especially to girls, and doesn't tell them to back off. I was off to the side asking Scott about this girl and it turns out she's just plain nasty and happens to be nuts about my brother.

Great. A groupie.

I may have called less-than-nice things from the side of the stage. Something on the subject of cooties and telling my brother not to catch them. Everyone that heard was dying. I thought Kayla would pee her pants, and I think Scott and Leon laughed the hardest they've laughed in a while. Even Nick was laughing. Crazy Groupie was too wasted to know what was going on. And left shortly after. Thank God.

We hung out at the house of the Robots afterward for a while. We went to Jack in the Box to get food for my brother. Where we proceeded to listen to the woman in the car in front of us screaming at the drive-thru worker. We didn't know about what. When we got to the window the worker mentioned a fork.

The woman in front of us got crazy over a fork. Yes. She got a spoon instead of a fork and LOST IT. We were thoroughly amused by this.

So yeah, house with the Robots for a bit, then we left. But I cannot WAIT for the next show. Last night's was easily the best of any that I have gone to.

No comments: