Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dancing Week 4

I'm very excited about this week. The couples are doing the lindy hop (which I've done) and the Argentine tango (I LOVE the tango).

DAG and Kym - lindy hop - This was the perfect dance for DAG. He's so expressive and this is a really big, kicky, fun dance. They were really cute. A couple of his kicks looked like they didn't extend all the way, but the whole thing looked really good. It made me want to dance! Judges' score: 22

Lil Kim and Derek - Argentine tango - Honest question: does she put on that ridiculous baby voice? It's always annoyed me. But they looked good. If people are actually voting for the dance and not the person, she should be safe. Judges' score: 27 Boo. They got the first 10 of the season. It wasn't a 10.

Chuck and Julianne - lindy hop - I have to say, they looked absolutely adorable in their costumes. I love them. He wasn't quite as hoppy and peppy as Julianne, but who is? They were still good. That's a super fast, and super hard dance. Judges' score: 22

Lawrence and Edyta - Argentine tango - Good. It seemed like the dance showed her off more than him, but I think that's the case with this dance. He did some awesome lifts. And it was a good performance. Judges' score: 19

Ty and Chelsie - lindy hop - I was really worried about whether or not he'd be able to loosen up for this dance. But he looked pretty good. Not quite as loose as he should be, but WOW his jumps and lifts were great. He actually looked like he was having fun too. You can still see him anticipating the next move on his face, but he looked really good anyway. Judges' score: 25

Steve and Karina - Argentine tango - They looked pretty decent, but there wasn't the emotion that the judges were looking for. He looked bored more than anything since his smileyness wasn't allowed in the tango. The judges are finally cluing in that he's not great too. Judges' score: 12

Melissa and Tony - lindy hop - I talked to a friend last week and found out she's buying into what ABC wants. She likes Melissa because she feels sorry for her. I'm still not buying into the feeling sorry thing. I'll say she's good, but not because I feel bad for her. They were pretty good, but when she pumped her fists I pictured her with pom poms. It made me laugh. The lifts were great, Tony is awesome. But there were a lot of them, possibly more than necessary... Judges' score: 29 (Second and third 10's of the season, and the highest score of the season.)

Holly and Dmitry - Argentine tango - She's dancing with some injured ribs currently. Another one falls to the strange curse of the show... Dmitry was lookin' hot though. The whole start of the routine on the stool looked like it didn't go so smoothly. She was still too stiff. And looked like she forgot some steps. If she would just loosen up she might be good! It's very frustrating. Judges' score: 16

Steve-O and Lacey - lindy hop - Lacey looks so cute, she rocked a Katy Perry look for the dance. And we all know she's my biggest girl crush. Steve-O looked like he was still holding back a bit at the beginning. It can't be easy to be super bouncy when you're getting over a back injury. But he looked like he was trying, and having fun. Always good. Judges' score: 15 ( I totally spotted Bam's parents and Knoxville in the audience.)

Gilles and Cheryl - Argentine tango - Ohhhh holy crap. I think I have a new crush. They were just... wow. Hubby looked at my face and just said, "What?" It was amazing. I wanted to be Cheryl. And Carrie Ann fanned herself. That's how I feel. Just, wow. Am I right, ladies??? Judges' score: 30 (I so called a perfect score. I told hubby, just ask him.)

Shawn and Mark - lindy hop - Mark's legs move like rubber. They were pretty good. Lots of lifts, flips and such that used Shawn's strengths. Judges' score: 25

There's a double elimination tonight. I think Woz will be in the bottom again. And possibly Steve-O. Besides them, maybe Holly. I'm not sure. You can never tell with the voters.

No comments: