Thursday, March 26, 2009

I Know...

I've been neglecting the blog. I had stuff to do yesterday, and I had a job fair today. So you totally missed out on Idol.

Admit it, you missed it.

I'm not going to go into detail. I only got to it tonight. So let's keep it simple.

I liked Matt Giraud. A lot.
Kris Allen was good, but didn't grab my attention.
Scott was good, but I think he impresses me more with his piano playing than his voice.
Megan was meh. She had good moments, but I wasn't impressed with the whole performance. I think she ended better than she began.
Anoop disappointed me a little. He was good, but not exciting.
Michael Sarver was good again, but he's kind of reached a plateau for me. I don't feel like he's getting better or anything.
Lil Rounds sounded wonderful of course. And I loved how they styled her - very vintagey glam. Adam cleaned up very well, I expressed my shock to hubby when I saw him. He also did well, and it was good to see him mellow out a bit.
I liked Danny. Great song choice, much more upbeat than most of his other choices.
I loved Allison. I just love her. That's all there is to it. She is such a little rocker.

So the results... I totally didn't watch. I watched the group performance, then skipped all the way to elimination. The group performance (particularly the girls) was painfully obvious in the lip-synching. PAINFULLY obvious.

Matt should not have been in the bottom three. That much irritated me a little bit. But I do think it was time for Michael to go. Like I said, everything was starting to sound the same. Week after week. I like him and all, but I'm not going to cry over him leaving.

No comments: