Thursday, March 19, 2009

Idol Cuts and Other Stuff

Alrighty, finally done being a bum. I went out last night (got little brother-in-law to take me) and got to see a good show and have some drinks with old friends.

So Idol... I don't know if Alexis should have gone home. I think song choice had a big effect on her getting voted off. Sure she showed a softer side, but I don't think enough votes know (or even like) that song. Allison shouldn't have been in the bottom, that's for sure.

But the results show was sweet. All because of Brad Paisley. Hubby and I saw him last summer, after years of wanting (very badly) to. I actually bought the tickets on our wedding day in the midst of getting ready. Then sent them with a card to the house where hubby was getting ready. It was my little wedding present for him. And then the show was on our two month anniversary. Not to mention the fact that our first dance was to a Brad Paisley song, and the last song played at the wedding was by Brad Paisley. You could say we love him a little.

Last night he sang a new song called, "Then." I teared up a little. He just has awesome songs. And to prevent me gushing about the lyrics of just about all of his songs and how much hubby and I laugh that they fit our lives, I'll stop.

Tonight is hubby's last semi-overnight shift for the week. Then he has three days off, which we're using to do party stuff and celebrate a full birthday weekend. I told him we'll do something fun each day for him.

No comments: