Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday


I told my mom I wouldn't do a bitter blog, so I won't. But I will let you know that I had SUCH a Monday.

Our school district's hiring freeze includes substitutes. So it's wait and see for me right now. I'm going to another school district tomorrow and hoping that their freeze won't include subs.

It's just discouraging. I finally have my credential and now I can't do a darn thing with it. Not to mention the woman I dealt with at the district office was quite rude and annoying. I tried to tell her a couple things and she just kept interrupting like I didn't understand that I can't be hired right now.

Um, I understand. I just want to know if I can leave these papers with you. But nevermind. Go about your day. Thanks.
So I stopped at Starbucks on the way home. And now I'm blogging from my back porch. Because the wind and clouds are just too perfect for my discouragement right now. I was supposed to bake cookies for hubby, but I'm just not feelin' that right now. Maybe later. I'm contemplating going and demolishing the spider plants out front (more on that tomorrow). Or just running. For the sake of running.

But I'll likely sit here a little longer and let myself have my moment. Then I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments: