Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My Year in Review

You've probably seen a thousand lists about what was big in 2008. The best, worst, biggest, and then some. Well, since this is my blog I'm writing about my year. Briefly, but I thought it would be fun.

January: It hit that it was finally the year I was getting married. When we got engaged in 2006, the year 2008 felt insanely far away.

February: Wedding craziness set in. There were several nights I cried and wanted to elope. I still don't know if I was serious or not. I also had my first bridal shower! That really made me feel like a bride.

March: More wedding craziness. I probably had a breakdown or two. I think I've blocked those from my memory... I also had my second bridal shower - a tea party at Bon's. I wore a big hat and everything. Awesomeness.

April: I GOT MARRIED! Every little detail came together, I finally got to put on my dress, and I had to try and hold it together as dad walked me down the aisle. We also got our apartment in Fresno, yay!

May: The big move was finished and we started settling into married life. I was done with the initial part of student teaching. And I had a seriously lazy summer.

June: After suffering the disgusting habits of the neighbors upstairs, I got to do a happy dance as they moved out. Seriously, as they were moving stuff I showed up here with Beth, Micah and Kayla and we danced and sang loudly because they were moving.

July: We took our semi-honeymoon. Which I blogged about in some of my first few posts.

August: I started my last semester of student teaching. I was kinda freaking out, but as soon as I met my master teacher I knew it would be an awesome semester.

September: Tim started his new part-time job, meaning he finally got to leave the hospital that he didn't exactly enjoy. It's nice having a husband who isn't unhappy when he comes home from work.

October: Tim and I celebrated (well, really just acknowledged) six years together.

November: I had job interviews! And I had to get super busy on finishing up everything for school.

December: Our first Christmas, our trip to Disneyland with the kid, I passed my RICA... it's been a good month to us.

So here's hoping 2009 will treat us just as well. We're both hoping for jobs (him full-time, and me with the right district), we'll celebrate a year of being married, and we'll be actively saving for a house. If we're super lucky maybe we'll even be in a house for next Christmas...

No comments: