Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Home

We're home now. Got in about eleven last night. And now the three of us are vegging on the couch, trying to stay warm without racking up a painful PG&E bill.

So much fun. I can't even begin to describe it. You would be here for hours reading about every little thing that Tad said or did. He loved it. He told me we should live there. And of course I would be totally okay with that. He was also so well-behaved. He made most of the other kids look like beasts. He waited in lines (although the longest wait we ever had was maybe thirty minutes - maybe) without complaining. He only let go of my hand and walked away once. He got a whole two feet away from me. And I scared him so bad he never did it after that.

The weather was mostly good. Especially given the forecasts I was reading in the days leading up to the trip. Monday morning (my birthday of all days) was the only day it rained. And that was done by lunch. We even got to watch a parade Monday night! It was the Pixar parade, and I thought Tad was going to pee his pants seeing all the characters.

I've decided I need to go back for my birthday every year. The cast members have to tell you happy birthday if you're wearing your birthday pin. I got mine and put it on my hat because I'm an attention whore like that. But I've never had so many happy birthday wishes in my life! Even Minnie jumped up and down when she saw my pin.

Tad decided he's magic. He used his magic a few times over the days we were there. We watched Fantasmic on Saturday night (which he loved) and I think seeing Mickey do magic stuck with him. Sunday night we were hoping for fireworks, but about ten minutes after they were supposed to start, there were still none happening. So Tad started saying, "Abra cadabra, fireworks come!" And he was swinging his arms around and everything. But nothing was happening, so Tim and I took him to get in line for Nemo. Well, then I heard the music start, so we took off running to the spot we had been sitting at (mom and dad were still there). He said, "I knew my magic would work!" Cutest thing ever! He also used his magic to make the parades and keep the rain away. And since it worked every time, I think he's convinced he's really magic.

He's still processing it all I think. And I'll let him look at all the pictures so I can listen to him talk about it again.

This is like, the shortest summary of the trip ever, but I really doubt you all want to read every last moment of the four days. So look for a story with the Friday photo maybe. And maybe the Friday after that. And the Friday after that...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I tried to check out your pics on MySpace and of course that's when your profile is apparently undergoing "routine maintenance". Maintain THIS, mofos! Ha ha.