Monday, December 22, 2008

F is for...

F is for family.

I've already told you about some of the craziness that is my family. But I love that craziness. It keeps things interesting. I don't know if any family laughs as much as mine does. Whether it's my mom's side teasing each other about moments where they're just like my grandma, or my brother and cousin quoting Will Ferrell movies, or Grandpa lying because it's Wednesday - we're insane.

This is the biggest week for family for most people, but especially in my family. We have a house full of people at my grandma's on Christmas Eve for tamales. And I mean, full of people. It's awesome. Then there's Christmas day with my mom's side. There's an insane amount of food (no wonder I gain weight this time of year) and a house full of people again. We usually find some new board game to play and it always ends up being boys against girls. Which isn't always the best idea, because I swear my husband and his brain full of random and useless knowledge puts them at an advantage.

This year is especially awesome because Grandpa is here. It just doesn't feel the same when he isn't here.

F is also for first, as in first married Christmas. Yeah, Tim and I have already had six years of stockings and presents, but this year we're finally married. It probably won't feel much different, but it still is. So that's one more thing to make this year a little more awesome.

So as a side note, I have one other friend who's blogging now. And he's doing his own ABC list. So when are the rest of you going to step up???

1 comment:

bonbon said...

So, I started to blog!