Friday, December 26, 2008

It's Over

Does anyone else feel let down after Christmas? I like the preparation, the wrapping, the baking, the craziness. I like spending two days with my family. I like watching the kids open their presents.

I hate when it's over. I'm stuck looking at a kitchen that needs to be cleaned, empty boxes that held presents at one point, new things to be put away, and a tree that needs to be taken down at some point. Everyone is pushing their after-Christmas sales now, and I have to get ready to write a new year on my checks next week.

I'm delaying the holiday clean-up for now. I'll clean the kitchen, otherwise I'll never be able to cook (what a dream!). But the tree is staying for now. Maybe when Tim has time off next week we'll tackle it. I just don't think I want to do it alone. Or so soon.

Crap. Just realized it's Friday and I owe you a photo. Check back later.

No comments: