Sunday, December 28, 2008

Cookie Madness!

After writing that, wouldn't that be a totally fun name for a bakery? Or Cupcake Madness. I like it...

So, you wanna see the result of probably twenty hours in the kitchen? I made six kinds of cookies and I'll give you the breakdown of everything after the picture.


There are the six kinds I made. If you can't read the little tags, the cookies are (from left to right), peanut butter kiss cookies, my grandma's sugar cookies (the ones I'm semi-famous for), mocha crackles, cinnamon spritz (made with the cookie press!), chocolate peppermint cookies, and lemon meltaways. The latter four were all first attempts, and I believe pretty successful.

The peanut butter and the sugar make regular appearances on my cookie plates. The mocha crinkles were eagerly eaten by my uncle. He LOVED them. I know what I'm making for his birthday! The spritz was light and pretty tasty. Just enough cinnamon. They'd be perfect with coffee. The chocolate peppermint were good, possibly too chocolatey for me. And the lemon meltaways... oh Lord. They were awesome. I'll definitely make them more often!

So you wanna know what exactly went into this adventure?
  • roughly twenty hours mixing, rolling, baking, frosting
  • at least four episodes of Lost
  • about three hours of various doughs in the fridge
  • 14 1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons of flour
  • 6 cups butter (yes, that's twelve sticks)
  • 4 3/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 11 eggs
  • plus various other ingredients that weren't obscene amounts

And that's why my kitchen still isn't clean. I started the first batch Monday night. I finished frosting the last of them at about two on Christmas Eve day.

And I'm totally insane enough to do it again next year.

1 comment:

MalContent said...

Great. I'm hungry now. Ha ha ha!

"4 episodes of LOST" LMAO. Surely a vital part to any culinary adventures.