Saturday, December 20, 2008

Cookies!

Okay, so I had this grand plan to give you a recipe complete with pictures, but that's not gonna happen. I have entirely too much to do. Christmas shopping was going on at seven this morning, then some wrapping, and now I have to be at my father-in-law's house in an hour and half. So, recipe only.

Easiest cookies ever: cake mix cookies.

That's right, you're using cake mix to make cookies. Any flavor mix will work. For yesterday's batch I used french vanilla and dyed the dough in Christmas colors.

You need:
1 box of cake mix (as I said, any flavor)
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
2 eggs

Mix everything together. Roll it into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten them a little (or a lot if you want a crisper cookie) and stick them in an oven heated to 350 degrees. For soft cookies, my oven only took about six minutes. Obviously, longer time would make crispier cookies.

I frosted mine. But apparently people go crazy with adaptations to this recipe. You can add chips (chocolate, peanut butter, white, toffee), vanilla or other extracts, nuts, whatever you want. Play with them. They're pretty tasty for how simple they are. My master teacher was thrilled with how easy they are. And the kids loved them.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I've gotta get going now. Talk at y'all later.

No comments: