Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Ha, what a half week

So it's only Wednesday, but wow.

Monday was my first day of my last week. Not much going on. I did go tutor after school though. Yesterday was my interview. And I tutored after that too. Then today comes...

Last class was tonight. It was science, which I actually like. And we were only there for a couple hours so that wasn't bad. And it was my last class of the semester. Nay, last class of the credential program. That feels so weird. I don't know that it's registered that I'm done with college. Unless I decide to get my Master's. And that's a fat chance right now.

So I'm on my way home, and my mom calls me. She's at the hospital with my dad. I didn't freak out, but that's probably because she didn't sound freaked out. He was having some major abdominal pains so he went to the doctor today. Which is HUGE for him.

Let me explain something about my dad. My dad is total man's man. To quote Little Rascals, he's "a he-man so manly, that if he fell off a building he'd go out of his way to land on a girl." Okay, so it doesn't totally fit, but the quote popped into my head and wanted to escape onto the blog. Anyway, yeah, my dad doesn't go to the doctor. He doesn't even get sick. Seriously, almost never. We were in Pismo once on a trip with church and he went off a dune that had a blind drop. So he tumbled over this drop on his quad. Damaging his ribs and face in the process. Not bad, but bad enough. He couldn't breathe deeply for a while after that, which makes me think there was some bruising that could be looked at. But did he go anywhere? No. I had to go buy butterfly band-aids for the cut on his chin. He kept putting regular band-aids on and thinking nothing of it when they bled through in an hour. Jeez... now I know how parents of stubborn children feel...

So he went to urgent care today and they decided it was his appendix. So right now as I write this he's in surgery. But it's laproscopic. Which means tiny incisions for a camera, and the tools. The whole surgery is done through those tiny incisions. So it's totally better than a big slice. And recovery is faster. And I know the surgeon doing it! I used to work for him and he's the best. So no worries. Dad will even be home tonight.

Tomorrow is my last day of student teaching. I hope I don't cry. Some of the kids have been acting funny which makes me wonder if they're up to something. And one girl told me she's going to cry. Dang it. No crying. I will not cry, I will not cry...

No comments: