Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas movies

I love Christmas. And I love movies. So you could assume that I love Christmas movies. And you'd totally be right. So I thought that, in honor of tomorrow being Christmas, I'd give you my absolute favorites.

1. White Christmas: It's hard for me to pick an absolute number one, but I think this is it. At my mom's we watched it while decorating the tree every year. And of course, there were a lot of moments where we were watching the movie instead of decorating the tree. My brother knows every word to every song in this movie and will randomly sing them for my mom. I think it's the combination of the greatness of this movie, and the memories it gives me that makes it number one.

2. A Charlie Brown Christmas: Super, super close to number one. Every time I hear the Peanuts theme, I have to do a little dance. Mom and I have always done it. Now we do it for Tad while he looks at us like we're a bunch of freaks. But I'll get him to dance at some point... Until then, just know that this is a must every year for me.

3. The Nightmare Before Christmas: This is a must here. It'll be a tradition thing when we have kids.

4. Elf: Seriously, I could never do Christmas without this movie. Will Ferrell's best role I think.

5. Rudolph: Because "she thinks I'm cuuuuute" is a regularly quoted line with me and mom. And really, if you don't like Rudolph, you must be a terrorist or something.

I will give It's a Wonderful Life an honorable mention. We watch it on Christmas morning at my mom's. So how about the rest of you? Any traditions or must-watch movies?

1 comment:

MalContent said...

I'd add "Love Actually" to the list.