Thursday, December 4, 2008

I did

I cried.

Only for about a minute. Probably less. And it wasn't ugly crying, just some tears. I tried not to, I swear.

My master teacher had planned this whole thing all week without me knowing. The kids brought treats and we had a party this afternoon. And as the kids are sitting there asking me a million questions, my master teacher comes in with this bag that one of the kids brings up to me. She made me a book bag with little apples on it, and the kids each signed an apple. So I take one look at it and started crying. The kids had FILLED it with stuff that I can use as a teacher: paper, folders, note cards, pens, highlighters... it's overflowing. And I just couldn't take it.

So I had a great day. I feel super loved. Got hugs as they left. And reassured them that I will be back in two weeks to go on their field trip with them.

I love those kids. And my teacher. And that school. If I could stay I so would. But I do have to get a real job.

Today just made me feel awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww!

(sincerely!)