Friday, August 29, 2008

Yay for me!

So I've been making cupcakes still. And loving it. Tim's work is constantly finding excuses to have food and this week was no exception. So when I got a text asking if I could make cupcakes tonight, I was pretty stoked.

I had no creative ideas, so I thought I would just use a different tip for my frosting to make the cupcakes look prettier. So I was going to do yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Always classic, right? But in the process of making the cake mix I spotted a recipe on the back of the box. A recipe I had seen once and not saved. So I got giddy and decided to adapt...

Enter the idea for peanut butter cupcakes with a sweet peanut butter filling and chocolate frosting. You know you just gained weight and got a cavity reading that.

So I threw peanut butter in the mix and baked. Cooled them off and filled with my sweet mixture. That was based off something I found online, but adapted to something I liked better. And it is sooooo tasty! Then I frosted using my special frosting tip and icing bottle. Only I ran out of frosting. Because that method takes a lot more than just spreading it with a knife. So I went back and used the knife so I could have enough frosting.

During all this I was asking Tim about why I was making them. Turns out, someone asked him to ask me. Yup. Someone at work requested cupcakes by me! Made my day.

So if you're jonesing for some peanut buttery goodness, gimme a call. We can arrange something.

No comments: