Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Shout out, and some randomness

So Tim and I went to see our wedding photographer today, Mariano, to approve our album. And I totally found out Mariano reads my blog. So shout out to Mariano!!! BTW, if you haven't checked out his site, go down to my section of links that starts with "I heart." And he's right there, Mariano - Photography. Check out his blog for updates of his work. I really do heart him and his work.

So anywho, my mother-in-law decided she was going to take everyone out as a kind of back to school thing. This is a big production. Because there's her and her husband, her four kids, her kid-in-law (me, duh), and her six grandchildren. So we went to Chuck E. Cheese. Thrills... NOT. We went to the one near my apartment, and sorry if I sound snobbish, but that one in particular tends to be a little ghetto. I haven't been in... twenty years or so? Something like that, so I knew it would be semi-interesting.

So highlight was that we didn't have to pay for dinner (always good when you're currently paycheck to paycheck) and I got to see all my nieces and nephews. That almost never happens. My newest niece, Willow, is only two and a half months. So stinkin' cute! And she smiles for me. I like to think I'm her favorite. Her brother, Talan, used to hate everyone that wasn't his mom or grandma. I'm not kidding, he would scream bloody murder if me or Tim or anyone else picked him up. Thankfully he's over that, so we actually managed to have fun with him. Then there's Beth's four, who are like my own anyway, so of course we had fun.

They have one of those photo booths that isn't actually a photo booth. It takes your picture and then "sketches" it so you end up with what looks like a drawing. Beth and I got Tad and took a picture. Then Beth said, "It looks like he has two mommies." So the lesbian jokes continued for a couple minutes. We do that a lot, I'm not sure Tim is too comfortable with it, haha. Then Tim and I took one with Tad that turned out super cute, except that Tim's shirt matched the background so he looks like a floating head. I'd post, but I don't have a scanner. Then we laughed and started calling them our ghetto family portraits.

So the real ghettoness? Beth went outside for a smoke and this group of four guys came by. Surprisingly didn't call her stupid names that are meant to be endearing (I could write a blog about those, wait, maybe I will!), but they were obviously talking about fighting with someone. Aaaand one pulls a gun from his waistband, messes with it, and sticks it down in his sock.

Yeah.

Of course Tim scolded Beth for not going inside and calling the cops. I would have done the same thing. But Beth has unfortunately dated these types and always tries not to get involved because of the whole "retaliation" thing they always have going.

But thankfully the night ended uneventfully. The kids added up all the tickets they (and we) won, bought cheesy toys and candy, and everyone headed home.

One more random thing for today... Tim passed his test for his radiography license!!! He wanted to throw up when it was all said and done. We're both super relieved. Now he can start looking for a "real" job as he puts it. And we can start a real savings for our house. Yay!!!

So if anyone wants to take us out for a celebratory beer, give us a call. We're in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woot woot! Haaaaaaaaay!!!!!