Thursday, August 7, 2008

I want...

I'm not a big fan of cooking. But I am a huge fan of baking. I'm not sure when it started. I know I made cookies for holidays in high school sometimes. Maybe that's when it started.

Tim and I bake every Christmas. I make my grandma's sugar cookies and a few other things that I enjoy. Tim makes fudge and his grandma's peanut brittle. It's a big thing that usually takes a couple days with all the prep, baking, cooling, and frosting. But I enjoy it. Until my back starts to hurt. Then I just get annoyed and have to take a break.

My other big thing is cupcakes. I can do cakes, but there's something about cupakes that is so much more fun for me. I do eyeballs and spiderwebs every Halloween. This year I'm contemplating throwing a new design in there. I have plenty of ideas, just have to narrow it down...

When I bake it isn't just one quick swipe of frosting either. I decorate. I like to challenge myself to do better than my last batch. And I try to take pictures of everything. For myself. Unless anyone was actually crazy enough to pay me for my stuff. I'd totally do it on the side of teaching. It's super easy! And I actually have fun with it.

So now I want to do it more often. It's been on my mind the past couple days. I love this stuff. I think I'm going to make some for Tim's work on Friday. Those will be awesome... I don't want to give it away but I'll post some pictures. And then I want another excuse to bake. I have the perfect summer cupcakes sitting in my head. Eventually I'd love to get into fondant so my designs can get crazier... but that will be a while. I need a bigger kitchen first!

So here's a link to some of my pictures. It's an album on myspace and I'll add to it as I keep making stuff. And of course post pictures here. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=17329018&albumId=2231737


So, anyone lazy enough to pay me to make cupcakes for their next party?

No comments: