Monday, August 18, 2008

First Day of School

... I'm tired. And my feet hurt. I totally wore the wrong shoes today.

But it was still a good day. I love my master teacher. She's awesome. So cute, so nice, and I already got a ton of ideas from her for my classroom one day. We only have 29 students (for now) but when you're used to 33 or 34 (hello last two semesters) it feels small.

I have sixth grade. I don't remember being that small in sixth grade. Some of them look just like the fourth graders I had last year. They're... little. My sixth graders from after school program a few years ago seemed older. I don't mind it. At least I don't have any towering over me.

Funniest moment of the day: the teacher let the kids ask about what they were going to be doing during the year. One girl busted out with this deadly serious tone and expression, "Are we watching that sex video this year?" The two boys next to her turned bright red when they tried to not to die laughing. What sixth grader feels comfortable asking about the "sex video."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! Your reaction totally reminds me of Ron's in one of the later books, when he becomes a Prefect! "Oi! Midgets!" A ha ha ha ha.