Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tad moments

My nephew stayed the night here last night and tonight. And as is always the case when he stays over, I notice little things that I love and have to share.

I've realized just how exciting little things are to him. Like recently he has noticed his heartbeat. And comments on it. If he's been particularly active he feels his chest and comes running with this look in his eyes that's simultaneously amazed and proud. "Tia Ashley, feel my heart. It's beeping really fast."

Yes, he says his heart is "beeping." And it's just about the cutest thing I've ever heard. So I put my hand on his chest and feel his heart, and he says, "Can you feel it???" He's so impressed with his own heartbeat.

Then today he surprised my mom and I. We enunciate syllables sometimes with him to help him get the sounds right. Ya know, "Say 'sock,' now say 'er.'" Well today he did it to us! I couldn't figure out who he was talking about so he tried to enunciate it for me. And the look on his face was classic. He's quite the know-it-all feisty one lately. But it's adorable.

I also love when he's tired and watching a movie. He's reached the conclusion that if it's time to be quiet and we're really into a movie, he needs a blanket. Then he'll just cuddle up on the couch with the blanket and watch the movie. He has a serious attention span sometimes. But really, is there any better way to watch a movie than curled up with a blanket?

Hopefully he can demonstrate some more genius tomorrow so I can share it with you.

No comments: