Saturday, August 16, 2008

This is absolutely ridonkulous

I am a member of online message boards. If any of you readers are you are undoubtedly familiar with the term "trolls." If you're not familiar with it I'll give you the quick definition.

A troll is a person who comes to a board with the sole purpose of annoying people or harassment. That's it in a nutshell.

Now I've seen some obnoxious trolls. But then I was linked to this article today. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/magazine/03trolls-t.html?pagewanted=1&_r=3

That is beyond stupid. Really people, you're going to take harassment to the very edge? I gotta say, these people have the very worst part of hell reserved for them.

That's all. This article just angered me and I felt the need to let others read it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with you there. Their actions are irresponsible and unnecessary, and they justify it by trotting out how bad their own lives are or by saying it calls attention to something needing to be fixed. Which is total bs.

What they fail to take into account is that they are causing damage to people (i.e. the epilepsy thing) where none would have occurred if not for them.

I'm not surprised Anonymous grew out of these creatures.